Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #1

Tommy the Turtle and Sam the Crab

Tommy the Turtle and Sam the Crab were boyhood chums that did most everything together as they grew up. As they entered adulthood, they were still close friends, but where Tommy took the high road of morals, Sam the crab lead the fast life and didn't always walk on the right side of things.

As they aged into their senior years, both passed away within weeks of one another. Tommy went to heaven and Sam, well he went to hell, literally.

As St. Peter was walking through heaven one day, he saw Tommy and asked him how he liked heaven? Tommy responded, "it's great St. Peter but I do miss my friend Sam the Crab sometimes."

St. Peter said, "Tommy, you can go visit Sam if you want. I can issue you a day pass to hell but you must be back by 4 o'clock."

Tommy was elated! "Thank you St. Peter, this is great!"

St. Peter told Tommy, "make sure to take your harp and bring it back with you."

"Don't worry, St. Peter! I will, " Tommy replied as he caught the elevator down.

Once Sammy stepped off the elevator in hell, he was able to find his longtime friend, Sam. Sam was in charge of hell's largest discotheque! As Tommy entered, Sam spotted him. Rushing over, Sam hugged Tommy and said, "welcome to the disco, Tommy, it's great to see you again!" They talked briefly and Sam said, "I need to get back to work, but enjoy yourself while you are here!"

And, Tommy did just that! He was having a great time. So great, he lost track of time. He happened to look at the clock and it was 2 minutes to 4! "Oh my gosh! I'm gonna be late returning to heaven," Tommy exclaimed.

Tommy ran for the elevators and got onto one just as the doors closed. Tommy returned to heaven just as the clock tolled the last of 4 chimes. St. Peter was there to meet Tommy.

"Did you have a good time seeing your old friend Sam the Crab, Tommy," asked St. Peter?

"Yes sir, I did," Tommy replied. "It was kind of you to let me see him down there."

St. Peter looked down at Tommy after a long pause. "Tommy", said St. Peter. "Didn't you forget something?"

Tommy thought for a minute, and quite embarrassed replied, (read this next part real slow) "oh my God, I left my harp in Sam Crab's disco!"

Murff

(Feel free to groan!)

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #2

Big GROAN on that punch line. Definitely need to read slowly or it just won't make sense.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:26 PM   #3

aaarrgh
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote