Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2022, 08:41 AM   #9981

Well - some good and some bad.

The good - the DH ran a dedicated 30amp circuit so no more worrying about popping the breaker. SuperSteer sway bars and Bilsteins arrived intact.

The bad - the fridge decided to quit for some reason. At least it was still parked in the driveway, but didn't know it for at least a few days making it a _very stinky_ cleanup. Not sure why it quit, so still investigating.

Made an appointment for the first week in January for a general review/checkup (change oil, give the genny some love, etc), install the suspension parts and fix the few things we already know are broken (fridge added to the list now ).

Still looking for someplace to help with a remodel. Anyone have a good recommendation?
Mjliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:15 PM   #9982

Finally, thanks to the decent weather here now, replaced the broken screen on our entry door.... and found a way to mount the front license plate to the RV without drilling holes into the front generator door/cap.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 04:50 PM   #9983

Pulled about 100lbs of stuff from the basement/front storage of my fifth wheel. Amazing how much stuff collects over 3 years that is never used. Then found more junk inside the trailer I never use. I could have a trailer garage sail.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:54 AM   #9984

Hauled her out of storage for the annual $6 State Safety Inspection.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:44 PM   #9985

Installed Snap Pad on the leveling jacks.
Documented on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/dEYg07Qhimk
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 08:07 PM   #9986

It has been a down pour at home all day today. I went out and verified that all was dry inside.

David

2019 Jayco Eagle HT 24.5CKTS (new to me 9/2022)
2016 F250 6.7L CCSB 4x4 - AirLift 5000
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
David_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 05:55 PM   #9987

Finally broke down and got the VIAIR 450P, lot less room taken up in storage than with the previous tank compressor, and works on 12V.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
Old 01-07-2023, 07:24 PM   #9988

Replaced the “ Dri Z Air “ beads. It has actually been raining on a fairly regular bases here in Northern California. We have used this product for years to control the moisture inside our tt’s when their not being used. We set the containers in plastic dish pans in the kitchen sink and shower pan. The water collected in the container is very corrosive so you have to be careful not to spill it ( that’s the reason for the plastic dish pans).
Attached Thumbnails
3AB3E923-6CBA-40C6-BDDE-76D4ED2F4E0C.jpg  
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 08:52 PM   #9989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy wife / happy life View Post
Replaced the “ Dri Z Air “ beads. It has actually been raining on a fairly regular bases here in Northern California. We have used this product for years to control the moisture inside our tt’s when their not being used. We set the containers in plastic dish pans in the kitchen sink and shower pan. The water collected in the container is very corrosive so you have to be careful not to spill it ( that’s the reason for the plastic dish pans).
Good idea. Yes, it has been very wet this season in Northern Calif. I will order a pair for mine. I have been out into the trailer every couple of days to make sure everything is dry with both the slides out.

David

Old 01-07-2023, 09:11 PM   #9990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy wife / happy life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ski View Post
Good idea. Yes, it has been very wet this season in Northern Calif. I will order a pair for mine. I have been out into the trailer every couple of days to make sure everything is dry with both the slides out.
Same up here. I use DampRid in the TT and inside the sailboat. Works great and it is self-contained — no need for a dishpan or concern over spilling. The big bucket is one-time use. The smaller ones are refillable with their crystals. Pour out the water and add more crystals. If this rain would ever let up, I’d go down and top off my containers!
Attached Images

😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:13 PM   #9991

Cleaned up wiring in dining slide/entertainment center

My main slide contains the dining area and the entertainment center and fireplace on a 45 deg corner.

Unfortunately I did not take a picture before.

I pulled the fireplace that was under the Tv to inspect the wiring behind and decided to clean it up. There was an extra 8-10 feet of 12V wiring for dining room light coiled and hooked to the wall. The fireplace plug was snaked up through the entertainment center to the plug next to the antenna and Tv plug.

I eliminated most of the excess 12V wiring and the DC splice quick connects with crimped connections.

I rerouted the fireplace 120V plug to be directly behind the fireplace in the enclosed space. I then converted the original fireplace 120V outlet space to another duplex outlet that is part of the Tv circuit. Instead of the original daisy chained 120V plugs into speed box receptacles, fed the input into a utility box and went point to point to the 2 plugs on opposite sides of the entertainment center.

I then taped up the wiring bundles and clipped them to the wall so they would not rattle around.

No concerns of having the fireplace plug now inaccessible behind the fireplace. I see no reason to need it unless the fireplace needs to be removed. The AC/DC circuit breakers are less than 3 feet away on the kitchen counter cabinet.

On side note: When I saw the 2 plugs in the entertainment center on two different outlets, I had moved one of them to the common duplex outlet with the Tv. I had inadvertently moved the fireplace plug from its dedicated outlet to the shared outlet of the Tv. It was not marked. I was trying to cleanup the wiring of the plugs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4012D.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	85731

David

Old 01-07-2023, 09:25 PM   #9992

I finally ordered the JT’s Strong Arm stabilizer kit for my trailer. Amazon currently has it for $216.25. The price hasn’t been that low on Amazon since May of 2020. I’ll open it up when it gets here to inspect it and then set it aside until the snow melts. I don’t want to install it in the snow.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:20 PM   #9993

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelO View Post
I finally ordered the JT’s Strong Arm stabilizer kit for my trailer. Amazon currently has it for $216.25. The price hasn’t been that low on Amazon since May of 2020. I’ll open it up when it gets here to inspect it and then set it aside until the snow melts. I don’t want to install it in the snow.
I picked up the JT Strong Arms for $219 from Amazon in October right after they had a major price drop. A great addition. It provides a lot of stabilization. I don’t feel any movement at all when I am in the front bedroom of my fifth wheel. My fifth wheel is parked on a driveway slope. The front landing legs are almost fully extended to get to level. Before there was quite a bit of movement when I was in the bedroom.

David

Old 01-07-2023, 11:57 PM   #9994

Finally put in the last bolt from replacing the springs and shackles. Tomorrow, I have to hook it up to the truck (under tow conditions) to get measurements for the Sumo Springs.
Now I will have a brand new upgraded suspension.
One brake is weak, (I can turn the wheel when it's full on) so I'll have to diagnose that tomorrow, too. ( Probably weak magnet or loose/grounded wire).
Then it's on to the many items that need to be done before we take off at the end of the month. The weather has been good (40's) for working outside, I wouldn't want to be doing this in below freezing weather.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:43 PM   #9995

Yesterday I ordered JT’s Strong Arm stabilizer from Amazon for a good price. This morning I get a notification that the order has been cancelled because it couldn’t be delivered. It didn’t even get picked up by the carrier. I figure I’ll just order it again, but find the price has gone up $34. I contact Amazon by phone. They told me the package was damaged. It,seems that if the package is damaged in the warehouse you go get another one from the shelf. The person reordered it for me at the original price I ordered at. It all worked out so far, but it seems to me they didn’t want to sell it at the lower price so they canceled it instead.
Weimaraner Duke
Old 01-08-2023, 08:19 PM   #9996

Quote:
Yesterday I ordered JT’s Strong Arm stabilizer from Amazon for a good price. This morning I get a notification that the order has been cancelled because it couldn’t be delivered. It didn’t even get picked up by the carrier. I figure I’ll just order it again, but find the price has gone up $34. I contact Amazon by phone. They told me the package was damaged. It,seems that if the package is damaged in the warehouse you go get another one from the shelf. The person reordered it for me at the original price I ordered at. It all worked out so far, but it seems to me they didn’t want to sell it at the lower price so they canceled it instead.
Hopefully Amazon follows through with that delivery.

This is a little different, but I have had weird things happen to me on Amazon with some items that I try to order. For example, trying to get this tube of Dicor (Ivory). It shows as in-stock and delivered in a couple of days. However after I put it into my cart, it says it is not deliverable to my address. I have tried changing to a drop box, or other addresses to no avail. I have ordered white Dicor, and had it delivered with no problem. I also tried to order an Air Lift stainless steel hose kit and it was labeled undeliverable.

With me, it has always been items with a really good price. It seems like someone in the Amazon supply chain really doesn't want to sell the item at that really good price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

David

Old 01-08-2023, 10:19 PM   #9997

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ski View Post
Hopefully Amazon follows through with that delivery.

This is a little different, but I have had weird things happen to me on Amazon with some items that I try to order. For example, trying to get this tube of Dicor (Ivory). It shows as in-stock and delivered in a couple of days. However after I put it into my cart, it says it is not deliverable to my address. I have tried changing to a drop box, or other addresses to no avail. I have ordered white Dicor, and had it delivered with no problem. I also tried to order an Air Lift stainless steel hose kit and it was labeled undeliverable.

With me, it has always been items with a really good price. It seems like someone in the Amazon supply chain really doesn't want to sell the item at that really good price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Black Friday weekend of 2021 I tried to order a new 4k tv that was at a really good price. I could add it to my cart, but it wouldn’t let me checkout. One Monday rolled around it would let me go to the checkout page, but it was at the normal price and not the sale price. So I canceled the order. I had to live with my old tv for another year like a heathen. This year I got the new model of that tv at a really good price, but I didn’t buy it from Amazon. I normally don’t buy dicor from Amazon. A local rv dealership sells it about $1 cheaper than Amazon and I get it that day.
Weimaraner Duke
Old 01-08-2023, 10:23 PM   #9998

Quote:
I just got an email from Amazon saying that this order has shipped. It’s a prime item sold and shipped by Amazon, but I won’t get it until Thursday. I guess not all prime items ship two days. That doesn’t really matter this time because it will be a bit before I can install it. I only bought it now because camelcamelcamel notified me of the price I couldn’t pass on.
Weimaraner Duke
Old 01-09-2023, 03:55 PM   #9999

Generator

I cannot figure out how to post start a thread, in the forum. this is the only area I have seen to post a question,Hi I have a Jayco Redhawk. The generator started several weeks ago. Today when I fire it up it starts but after a few seconds it stops. Tried several times with same results. The prime/start light indicates, "service required". Would anyone know what service it may require? I didnt know if it was something I could fix or does it require a trip to the dealership-2months wait time. Oil level is good. thanks
Don H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:14 PM   #10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
I cannot figure out how to post start a thread, in the forum. this is the only area I have seen to post a question,Hi I have a Jayco Redhawk. The generator started several weeks ago. Today when I fire it up it starts but after a few seconds it stops. Tried several times with same results. The prime/start light indicates, "service required". Would anyone know what service it may require? I didnt know if it was something I could fix or does it require a trip to the dealership-2months wait time. Oil level is good. thanks
Don, to start a new thread, you need to go to the main FORUM page.
When you log in, you should see on the left, all the main forum "topics".
If you click on the "topic" you want to post in, you will find a "New Thread" button on the top
left of the page that you are brought to.... that's how you start a new thread...
(2019 NP 383FKWS)