Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2018, 08:18 AM   #11
Site Team

We use both. Depending on circumstances.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #12

We use both. I have a set of plain white Corelle dishes in the cupboard and on a trip last year the door opened and one dish —— a smaller “dessert” plate flew out and shattered into a billion pieces. Looking at the mess it made you would have thought ALL of the dishes broke. In spite of a thorough job cleaning up we still occasionally find a sliver of that plate! We now bungee cord that cupboard shut even though the latch still seems strong!

Old 02-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebKen View Post
We use both. I have a set of plain white Corelle dishes in the cupboard and on a trip last year the door opened and one dish —— a smaller “dessert” plate flew out and shattered into a billion pieces. Looking at the mess it made you would have thought ALL of the dishes broke. In spite of a thorough job cleaning up we still occasionally find a sliver of that plate! We now bungee cord that cupboard shut even though the latch still seems strong!
I am a Glamper at heart. Too funny - last summer I bought from Marshall's some colorful melamine dishes to replace our white corelle from our original RV - never broke one. One trip home, a cabinet door popped open and some plates broke. Same on the breakage - it looked like the squirrels had a dish fight in the camper. And yes, you would have thought all the dishes were broken. We have a portable Dyson and so far no more glass has been discovered. But I am on the lookout. I also bungee the door shut now.

I agree with Norty1, it depends on the circumstances as we carry paper too.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #14

We originally started out years ago with the Corelle brand dishes. One by one they managed to be retired due to breakage. So we then moved on with ALL paper, which is great for dry-camping. The fresh water lasts a lot longer and the gray water does not get filled up as fast. We wash the silver ware(not plastic-ware) with a apple-cider formula DW made and we just dry them after they are cleaned. No water. The only non paper items are our Ceramic coffee mugs and the plastic food storage containers for freezing left overs.

Don
My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #15

We use both. Plastic cups for cold drinks, but I like real coffee cups for my morning coffee. Plates are usually paper unless the meal requires the use of a knife. Also, it depends on whether or not we have sewer hookups as to how much dishwashing we want to do. Wine glasses. Most folks will say if you are not in a tent or popup, you are already glamping!
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #16
Site Team

We started out with a nice set of Corelle about 15 years ago. Now we have 2 plates and 2 mugs left. We use them often and out comes the paper products when I don't want to wash dishes.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #17

We have solid plastic plates, bowls and cups for when we cook food and know we will have time to clean up. We also carry foam bowls, paper plates and foam cups for when we are in a hurry, need to save water, etc. Use the paper plates for microwaving a lot.

We also bought an inexpensive butane store (1 burner) that is so light and handy that we use it to cook outside with. Keeps cooking odors outside and frying grease spatter cleanup to a minimum.

Dometic Milenco Aero mirrors
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote