Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #11

Do you need the valve assembly from the post above? Seems it would be cheaper to get the correct quick connect fitting and just put that oh the grill rather than buying a valve you won't use?

TT - 2015 Jay Flight 32TSBH
TV - 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins diesel
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #12

If you can find the correct one. The valve isn't needed but the adapter works perfectly.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:11 AM   #13

Ok thanks!

TT - 2015 Jay Flight 32TSBH
TV - 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins diesel
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #14

Glad I read this yesterday before I bought more brass fittings. Would have been nice if the factory had sent the match to the female quick coupler on the coach. Will ask the service department if they know the exact fitting, but might just have to buy a matching set for a hose attachment. I also didn't know not to run through the second regulator. Thanks.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #15

Camp Chef Exceptions

Beware with the Camp Chef 2 burner stovetops. The Mountain Series (Sierra model etc) are NOT LP quick connect convertible. This is posted on the Camp Chef site- I found out after we had purchased it. :face palm:
That's life. I purchased online from Cabela's. The only way I knew it was a Mountain Series was the box. So ask questions before buying.

Happy Camping!
2 Golden Retrievers, Cooper & Claude
:campfire: :campfire:
Ewingfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:19 PM   #16

Coleman Roadtrip conversion and QC hose connection

Hello all,

This is my first post on the site; I hope its helpful.

Here is a video I referenced to convert my Coleman Roadtrip to the trailer LP QC. The parts thread to gather no problem.

As a safety note your hose should end with the female QC. The male end should always point towards the supply.
If the connectors somehow come apart; the female end stops the gas flow and the male doesn't.
We had an occurrence at work where the end of an air hose was a male QC. When they suddenly became disconnected we had the male end whipping around and it hit someone in the head requiring stitches.
The PSI is much lower and it won't whip around but the gas will continue to flow if the end is the male QC.
Freenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
For any of you folks trying to find an easy way to connect your existing Weber Q (also works on Camp Chef Outdoor Oven) to your RV's propane quick connect, try this tip I found on another site. I've been able to covert both my grill and my camp oven for $22 plus the cost of a 10' extension hose with quick connects for $25. The parts are:

1) Camco 57282 10' Propane Quick-Connect Hose ($25.10) on Amazon
2) Camco 57274 RV Control Valve with Quick Connect ($11.11) on Amazon - you need one valve per stove hence the $22 referenced above

So all you have to do is remove the regulator from your stove. Take the quick connect fitting off the valve assembly, slap on some yellow teflon tape and thread the quick connect from the valve assembly onto where the regulator was before and you're done.

For under $50, I was able to take care of both of my stoves. Good luck!

Here are the two items:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024E62CU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Awesome. We just went and pulled the regulator off our Q220, then nabbed the quick connect from our SideKick grill that came with our trailer and went and tested it out and bingo, it works great! We're going to head to a propane supply place tomorrow and see if they have some quick connect hoses as the one that came with our SideKick is only a couple feet and we would like 6'. 10' is a bit long for us (currently using a 10 footer near the tongue as we use the propane there right now). If the propane guys can't help us, we might be able to find the Camco 10' in stock at an RV place here. Ordering online won't get it here quick enough for our next trip and the prices are stupid in Canada anyway so may as well give the stupid amount to a local RV dealer.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
Glad I read this yesterday before I bought more brass fittings. Would have been nice if the factory had sent the match to the female quick coupler on the coach. Will ask the service department if they know the exact fitting, but might just have to buy a matching set for a hose attachment. I also didn't know not to run through the second regulator. Thanks.
The camco QC hose fittings does not match with Jayco valve on the rear of the TT. Anyone know what fitting I need to plug into the Jayco female valve ? I also wish they would of supplied the male fitting for their female valve....
Thanks
Old 05-30-2016, 07:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
If you can find the correct one. The valve isn't needed but the adapter works perfectly.

I did this mod today. Separating the valve from the connector was a real challenge. Probably would've been easier if I had a stationary vice grip to hold the half that's not needed.