Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2021, 10:39 AM   #1

2017 355w suspension upgrade

I own a 2017 355w and after being stationed on CA for the past 6 years we are moving to AL this summer. We are going to spend about a month on the road and will be loaded pretty heavy. We're going to have our Honda Pioneer 1000 in the back, all our personal gear, and about a half tank of water at any given time.

I am replacing the tires with Goodyear G614s since they are just about the only quality tire I can find in my size.

My suspension does creak a bit in the turns so I want to get it rock solid before this trip. I ordered the MORryde wet-bolt kit since that seems to have a resounding thumbs up across the board, but I am on the fence about their X-factor crossmembers.

Who has these installed and what are your thoughts?

Are 3 required or is the center the only issue?

Lastly, does anyone know if they are for sure compatible with the wet-bolt kit? I saw one review on Amazon that stated the greasable bolts sent were too short.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm hoping to be able to do all this myself using the leveling system and a couple extra jackstands for the frame.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200614_175407.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	68021
apgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #2

I have been looking at installing the XFactor on my Seismic too. I reached out to Morryde regarding the bolts. To install the braces, it comes with longer wet bolts than come with the CRE 3000, etc. So they need to be replaced. I was hoping it was a straight bolt on without disassembly, but apparently not the case.

Mine came with the CRE3000 and heavy duty shackles. I have found that when it starts to make creaking noises, its time to grease them.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaM3 View Post
I have been looking at installing the XFactor on my Seismic too. I reached out to Morryde regarding the bolts. To install the braces, it comes with longer wet bolts than come with the CRE 3000, etc. So they need to be replaced. I was hoping it was a straight bolt on without disassembly, but apparently not the case.

Mine came with the CRE3000 and heavy duty shackles. I have found that when it starts to make creaking noises, its time to grease them.
Are you thinking of buying three for all the hangers?
Old 02-13-2021, 09:08 PM   #4

similar to what atlantaM3 mentioned, our 2017 355w stopped creaking when i re-greased everything while I had it apart to flip the axles. it was quiet for a few months but the noise is back so time for more grease.
I dont have any experience with the braces. i opted to box the leaf hangers with 1/8” plate instead.
Airlift 2500 air bags, Readylift 2.5” coils, Icon shocks, B&W companion puck
SocalSeismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalSeismic View Post
similar to what atlantaM3 mentioned, our 2017 355w stopped creaking when i re-greased everything while I had it apart to flip the axles. it was quiet for a few months but the noise is back so time for more grease.
I dont have any experience with the braces. i opted to box the leaf hangers with 1/8” plate instead.
How did that flip go? What kind of a total height are you looking at now? Mine squats quite a bit on my stock SRW ram 3500 so I've though about it but haven't because I don't want to be that tall and I'm not sure how well the leveling system would respond to it.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:13 AM   #6

Well, would actually be 4 since mine is a triple axle. But yes, going to brace all of them I think, since we are probably keeping this unit for a while. Family really likes the layout of the 4113.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by apgambino View Post
How did that flip go? What kind of a total height are you looking at now? Mine squats quite a bit on my stock SRW ram 3500 so I've though about it but haven't because I don't want to be that tall and I'm not sure how well the leveling system would respond to it.
it sits almost perfectly level after the flip when hitched up to our f350 srw. it gained between 5” and 6” at the axles but the total height gain was negligible, just raised the rear of the trailer to match the pin which was high to begin with. the trailer used to slope down front to back even with the hitch on the lowest setting. hope that makes sense. highest point is still 13’-6” to the top of the a/c’s. our truck is leveled on 35’s so i added air bags solely to bring the rear sag back to level when hitched so the headlights don’t blind other cars at night. no negative handling changes even in high winds. however we do need to buy a pair of 4 level entry steps to makeup the height difference. i also have to stand on my tippy toes to unlock the ramp door. i left the stock leaf pads on the axles so it can be reversed and brought back down to stock in the future.
Airlift 2500 air bags, Readylift 2.5” coils, Icon shocks, B&W companion puck
SocalSeismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalSeismic View Post
it sits almost perfectly level after the flip when hitched up to our f350 srw. it gained between 5” and 6” at the axles but the total height gain was negligible, just raised the rear of the trailer to match the pin which was high to begin with. the trailer used to slope down front to back even with the hitch on the lowest setting. hope that makes sense. highest point is still 13’-6” to the top of the a/c’s. our truck is leveled on 35’s so i added air bags solely to bring the rear sag back to level when hitched so the headlights don’t blind other cars at night. no negative handling changes even in high winds. however we do need to buy a pair of 4 level entry steps to makeup the height difference. i also have to stand on my tippy toes to unlock the ramp door. i left the stock leaf pads on the axles so it can be reversed and brought back down to stock in the future.
Interesting. I've already got my hitch at the lowest setting and due to my hesitancy to flip the axels I was going to move the king pin up to its highest setting to gain a few inches.

Luckily when I have the toy in the back it takes a large chunk of the weight off the rear axel of my truck.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaM3 View Post
Well, would actually be 4 since mine is a triple axle. But yes, going to brace all of them I think, since we are probably keeping this unit for a while. Family really likes the layout of the 4113.
Thats part of my concern as well. I've done a lot of mods to this trailer and we got it spec'd out perfectly for us (3x a/c, the big fridge, genset, dual panes) but now that we're going to be on the east coast for a year or more I don't know if it is too big for most parks.