Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2020, 05:11 AM   #1

Running off fresh water

Planning to dry camp for the first time in our 2017 Octane SL 222. Filled the fresh water tank last night using a garden hose through the fresh water port on the camper. Turned the hose off when water started flowing out of the overflow hoses. Then turned on the water pump and tried pressurizing the system. The pump runs but cannot get water to flow to any faucets. I confirmed the pump is creating a vacuum by sucking water from a bowl using the antifreeze input hose and valve by the water pump. The fresh water tank indicator says it is 1/3 full. I also get zero flow from the fresh water tank drain valve when I open it?!

Anyone with similar issues? I keep think there is a valve somewhere that’s not turned on but unable to find anything. I’ve used the trailer twice on city water without any problems.

Appreciate any suggestions.
freesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:23 AM   #2

our 2019 class c has a control panel so you can select the proper settings for fresh water, sanitize, winterize and etc. not familiar with your unit but sounds like a valve setting needs to be set for fresh water fill. also reverse the water inlet screen when filling water tank. there is a check valve that the reversed screen will push on to allow the water to flow. reverse the screen again after you are done filling the tank.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #3

You also might be filling up your water heater if it is empty, that takes a few minutes before you’ll have proper flow to the faucets. Is your pump just running and running and never pressurized?

1 Is it filling water heater
2 Are the valves all in the correct position. There is a valve you turn to use antifreeze line, there is a valve you turn to let the pump suck water from the fresh water tank, there are three valves by the water heater that are used to bypass the water heater for winteizing.
3 Make sure there isn’t a leak somewhere
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:13 AM   #4

^^^^ This
also don't forget to sanitize it
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote