Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spring Branch Texas
Posts: 112
Toy Hauler Recommendation

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes: wifey and I are thinking about changing to a bumper pull toy hauler from our current 27DSRL. Wanting to stay under 9000 GVWR if possible. Any recommendations, good/bad brands? Should I instead be looking at 5th wheels? I drive a Chevy 2500HD Duramax diesel with appx. 3000 payload. Apparently Jayco does not really aim toward the TH market.
__________________

__________________
2015 White Hawk 27DSRL
2013 Chevy Diesel 2500HD
Texdan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Columbus
Posts: 202
Say what?

Not sure who told you Jayco doesn't do toy haulers. They have a few. I just sold a Octane SL 273 that was practically brand new.

I guess it really just comes down to what you are looking for. (Floor plan kinda thing)
__________________

Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spring Branch Texas
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane2Go View Post
Not sure who told you Jayco doesn't do toy haulers. They have a few. I just sold a Octane SL 273 that was practically brand new.

I guess it really just comes down to what you are looking for. (Floor plan kinda thing)
I knew they have an octane but anything else? Went to an RV show in Austin and no Jayco dealers had one there
__________________
2015 White Hawk 27DSRL
2013 Chevy Diesel 2500HD
Texdan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Columbus
Posts: 202
You can look on their site. They also have another version of the Octane. Also the Talons and the Seismics.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Bethany
Posts: 175
I have a talon. Just moved up from a bumper pull toyhauler. Best decision for us. Tows much better. Plus, u already have the truck to pull it. 5ers seem to hold there value better to in my opinion. That's what pushed us into new. Just gotta find a deal that works for u.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 108
First of all you need to say what you are going to put in the toy hauler.
MC, Quad, UTV. Weight & length of the vehicle is the biggest thing.

I have a 2019 T30F and haul a 2016 Polaris RXR 1000 that weights 1800 lbs.
Ram 2500 diesel.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Loboclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rio Rancho
Posts: 423
We bought a Seismic in 2015, I wouldn't recommend one to anyone.
__________________
2015 F-450 XLT 440 HP Power Stroke 26.5K Custom Resse F/W,, 19.5 Rubber
2014 Oreion Sand Reeper 4x4
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spring Branch Texas
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by putz View Post
First of all you need to say what you are going to put in the toy hauler.
MC, Quad, UTV. Weight & length of the vehicle is the biggest thing.

I have a 2019 T30F and haul a 2016 Polaris RXR 1000 that weights 1800 lbs.
Ram 2500 diesel.

We just started looking again, love the Grand Design Momentum's but pretty pricy. Need one to haul our 900# golf cart.
__________________
2015 White Hawk 27DSRL
2013 Chevy Diesel 2500HD
Texdan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:58 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 157
Everyone has an opinion, I'll give you mine LOL.
We previously had a 35 foot 5er, toy hauler

things we liked: lots of room, 2 slideouts, 2 t.v.'s. huge glass shower and separate bathroom. separate garage.

things we hated:, it was heavy( 13,000lbs, fully loaded) needed to stop at truck stops for fuel,cause you couldnt just whip it into any gas station. being a fifth wheel, we would occasionally hit tree branches due to extra height, even in R.V. parks. ( no damage ). always had to really plan ahead to park anywhere. really took the fun out of going anywhere.
__________________
2018 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel
2018 Jayco 161 toyhauler
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:57 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spring Branch Texas
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax View Post
Everyone has an opinion, I'll give you mine LOL.
We previously had a 35 foot 5er, toy hauler

things we liked: lots of room, 2 slideouts, 2 t.v.'s. huge glass shower and separate bathroom. separate garage.

things we hated:, it was heavy( 13,000lbs, fully loaded) needed to stop at truck stops for fuel,cause you couldnt just whip it into any gas station. being a fifth wheel, we would occasionally hit tree branches due to extra height, even in R.V. parks. ( no damage ). always had to really plan ahead to park anywhere. really took the fun out of going anywhere.
We're looking at Travel Trailer Toy Haulers, they are coming in about 11000 lbs GVWR. I have a Chevy 2500HD Diesel so plenty of truck for it.
__________________
2015 White Hawk 27DSRL
2013 Chevy Diesel 2500HD
Texdan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Acworth
Posts: 3
Toy Hauler Recommendations

We have a 2020 Seismic 4113.
Attached Thumbnails
The Beast full.jpg  
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:47 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spring Branch Texas
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdan25 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place but here goes: wifey and I are thinking about changing to a bumper pull toy hauler from our current 27DSRL. Wanting to stay under 9000 GVWR if possible. Any recommendations, good/bad brands? Should I instead be looking at 5th wheels? I drive a Chevy 2500HD Duramax diesel with appx. 3000 payload. Apparently Jayco does not really aim toward the TH market.

Update: We've changed our mind and going with a 5th wheel. Golf cart stays home when we go to the beach, we'll rent one!
__________________

__________________
2015 White Hawk 27DSRL
2013 Chevy Diesel 2500HD
Texdan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×