Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #1

Alante 31v first time out

Question. Windows fogging badly while driving in rain. Quickest way to fix this please??? Also when traveling can the fridge run off battery power thru the inverter or use propane? Appreciate the help.
JHaynes909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHaynes909 View Post
Question. Windows fogging badly while driving in rain. Quickest way to fix this please??? Also when traveling can the fridge run off battery power thru the inverter or use propane? Appreciate the help.
Can't address the windows, but since you have a gas/elec fridge it would need geny for 120v, propane uses 12 volt from the battery which is charging while you drive.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:51 AM   #3

Thank you very much.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #4

Figured out the windows. So much to learn..I am loving it..but miss my travel trailer a little.. We had it for 11 years and knew everything on it..good to get all the kinks out now. Gonna go full time in a few more months..
Old 02-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #5

Congrats on your 31V, we are coming up on our 4th season with ours and love it.
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #6

Are you having any issues with it? We thought we could drive with the fridge on using the battery. But I guess not. Our camper was that way so we assumed the same with this..
Old 02-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #7

We have had our share of issues but nothing that kept us off the road. A bit surprised to have both a/c units fail in the first two years. But promptly replaced under warranty. I have put in about $10,000 of extras into it from suspension upgrades to water softener, tools and single handle faucets. But I enjoy tinkering and adding goodies. When we have the fridge on while driving we use the propane.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #8

Oh wow 2 ac units in 2 years.. Glad there is the warranty..Over all I feel good about the purchase. Confident we made the right decision..we have been looking for a few years. We actually wanted the precept 31ul but last second got this one due to the floor plan and the interior colors. We have the farmhouse..
Old 02-14-2021, 07:50 PM   #9

My wife originally wanted a C and we test drove one. Then we drove a Precept and she was hooked on the view and up front seating. Couldn’t quite come together with the dealer on price and we ended up in an Alante with the same floor plan. Have not been disappointed and the view was stellar on a trip to Alaska.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHaynes909 View Post
Are you having any issues with it? We thought we could drive with the fridge on using the battery. But I guess not. Our camper was that way so we assumed the same with this..

The fridge can run off the propane while you're driving and as Grumpy said, use the 12V system to run the electronics of the fridge. The propane generates the heat that runs the cooling system. On smaller fridges, they allow it to run off battery, but the larger ones need the propane.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:16 PM   #11

We were the same. Didn't want to pay the price for the Precept. I can't wait to see Alaska. It's on my bucket list..