Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #1

Basement Storage Solutions

I recently ordered a 2017 Precept 35S. Hoping to get it late March! Does anybody have storage solutions for the basement area. Specifically I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good idea to keep things from sliding off the pass through. Since the 2017 does not have a ladder I have to carry a Little Giant ladder and want to keep it from sliding though the basement doors.
Rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #2

Welcome to the JOF and congratulations on the new Precept.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #3

for just the ladder you could attach some 'industrial' strength velcro straps to a location of your choosing within the pass through area and strap your ladder down with them. We just use crates and bungee cords to keep ours somewhat in order, but you can get pretty elaborate depending on budget and requirements. Some decent sized 'eye hooks' anchored to sturdy cross members will support bungee cord tie offs pretty easily. We try to pack the pass through tight enough where there isn't a lot of options for stuff to be sliding all over the place... that also helps.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #4

We just ordered a 35S. Do any owners here happen to know the deminsions of the pass throughs? In particular I'm curious about the narrow space above the frame. Wondering what size bins might fit.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #5

We've had our 35S since April and I have done and continue to do MODs to it. It's at the dealer for service right and were picking it up Saturday. I can post dimensions, photo's and the fold up step ladder (lot's lighter than a Lil Giant) info on Saturday. I have purchased all the storage solution hardware and will install when the weather gets better. MikeThompson my daughter and fiance live about 20 minutes from Jantzen Beach and we stay at the RV park there when we go down and visit. Next time we're down you can stop by if you'd like.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:59 AM   #6

Thanks Vicr, I appreciate the offer. We stayed at Jantzen Beach when we came through Portland on our travels, then decided to stay here a while. Did you buy storage solutions items for your kitchen or the storage compartments (or both). I'd be interested in seeing what improvements you made.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbetzwieser View Post
I recently ordered a 2017 Precept 35S. Hoping to get it late March! Does anybody have storage solutions for the basement area. Specifically I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good idea to keep things from sliding off the pass through. Since the 2017 does not have a ladder I have to carry a Little Giant ladder and want to keep it from sliding though the basement doors.
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. Hope your March delivery turns out to be true. I ordered my Seneca Dec 5, 2016 and was told it would be about 12 weeks (March timeframe). Was informed last week to expect delivery in May, which will be 5 months.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #8

Will not help with a ladder; I cut six 4 foot long pieces of 2" ID pvc pipe. Glued them together side by side then placed them inside the bay on the shelf using industrial Velcro. We use these for mops, brooms, squeegee, etc. Works great and keeps them from sliding while traveling.

Steve
Old 01-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #9

Great idea Stev. You can also use them for your fishing rod. I've got a new project

Bob
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:06 PM   #10

Smile

Hi RBetzwieser,
Congratulations or your new Precept! I too have ordered a 2017 Precept 35S and also expect delivery in early April. However, in my 2015 31U, I have used wooden tension fit adjustable baby gates on either side of the pass-through to prevent items from sliding out, including my telescopic ladder. It worked well in that model.
Good luck!
Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #11

Great ideas! Thanks.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #12

RBetzweiser
I placed a heavy floor fatigue mat on the pass through and duct taped that to coach, it has stopped my chairs and ladder from sliding across. In the other bay I built a pull out sliding tray out of plywood to hold all the other "STUFF" we need.
Bicycleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycleman View Post
RBetzweiser
I placed a heavy floor fatigue mat on the pass through and duct taped that to coach, it has stopped my chairs and ladder from sliding across. In the other bay I built a pull out sliding tray out of plywood to hold all the other "STUFF" we need.
I would love to see pictures of your slideout tray!!
Old 03-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #14

Basement storage slide

Wheels for the slide came from an appliance moving
tool. Took the wheels off the frame, I drilled the hole to 1/4". For the axles. The edge of the plywood had the wheel holes cut out with a router, that also had the axle centering hole drilled on the edge of the router fixture, A plywood strip was routered to match the support wheels but not all the through so the tension wheels could hold the shelf into the guide rails. The guide rails rest on the "cross over" in the storage bay and are held in place by boards on each side of the storage bay. On each end of the guide rail I used two boards attached to top of the guide and wedged to underside of the coach floor
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0797.jpg   IMG_0794.jpg   IMG_0782.jpg   IMG_0777.jpg   IMG_0750.jpg  

Bicycleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #15

Looks awesome! Totally stealing your idea!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbetzwieser View Post
Looks awesome! Totally stealing your idea!
me too - those full extension slides that can hold a couple of hundred pounds are really expensive!

thank you!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote