Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #1

I need this part: Variable Rate Jounce Bumper

Missing this item on front driver side of 2021 Precept 36A, the Jayco precept brochure shows it as part of their J-Ride Plus package so I'm thinking they replaced the standard Ford part with this. Its the yellow part, may come complete with the top cap which bolts to the frame. Called Jayco customer service and so far they can't answer. Called the Camping World/Gander RV hotline and they can't answer. Went to local Ford dealer and they show part no LU9Z3020A as the stock bump stop, but there is no detailed picture so I still don't know if Jayco has replaced with a modified part. If anyone out there has definite information concerning this item it would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
front pass side still there.jpg   front drivers side missing.jpg  
Paul P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:49 PM   #2

That's a "Jounce Bumper". The J-Ride is a marketing ploy. Jayco does nothing to the chassis or suspension, it's all Ford.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #3

Yes sir I believe you are correct! I just rec'd an e-mail from Jayco motorized customer service confirming that the variable rate jounce bumper is indeed a stock Ford chassis part and not some specialized component of their imaginary J-Ride Plus system. Only took them a week to "research" that fact and get back to me. I had actually confirmed that fact via another forum with someone else experiencing the same issue on a different brand motorhome and had already ordered the part from Ford. I will say that compared to my 2015 HR Vacationer, the ride of this motorhome is a huge improvement so I'm going to stay with the stock suspension for now if I can get the part.
Paul P. is offline   Reply With Quote