Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #1

Jayco Alante floor issur

We have a 2016 Alante AL we have an issue with the kitchen floor getting soft. We cannot see any leaks of any kind. Insurance company claims it feels like water damage and they will not cover a claim

So should we contact Jayco

Thanks
Hayters
Dakhayter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #2

Sounds like you have the foam sandwich floor which has been a nightmare for many owners. The foam breaks down and delaminates from the wood sandwich and causes soft spots. I looked at the specs for your unit and all it says is R9 floor which could just be a typical insulated floor or the sandwich. You will have to do some digging to find out what type of floor you have, are you still under warranty, Jayco has been pretty good about fixing this problem.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Sounds like you have the foam sandwich floor which has been a nightmare for many owners.
According to the brochure it's not sandwich. Plywood/OSB on aluminun joist, foam is between the joist.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #4

We have the 2016 AY, no sandwich floor, plywood over OSB with a sheet metal under shield. You might have a 'splash' leak from the undercarriage if you have been driving in a lot of rain out there in Michigan. Have the dealer check it out, there is a 2 year warranty, and perhaps you have an extended warranty. Good luck!

PS I have family in Lowell
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #5

We bought a 2016 Alante last fall (2017) new from the dealer. Within a day, we spotted some soft spots in the kitchen area just as described here. We immediately notified the dealer and took it back two weeks later for this and several other problems. When we picked it up, the service manager told us how they had had to build a brace underneath to fix it. After dewinterizing it and taking it out for our first extended camping for the season, the soft spots are back and just as bad or worse than before.
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #6

Our precept appears to have a layer of plywood on top with foam underneath and a thinner layer of plywood on the bottom. As noted though, there are aluminum stringers running through it which provide strength to the plywood. I had to drill through for wires and kept the plug that came out for reference to the layers.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:33 AM   #7

This post had me worried as I have the 2016 AY, so had to go do a look see, seems my floor is solid, different bracing on my model I guess.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #8

On our 2016 Alante 26x I found two large (2 inch) holes in the floor used for plumbing and electrical, that were not sealed. One under the drawer below the stove and one under the sink. I sealed both with spray foam. There was also a small hole under the bathroom sink They were all open to the underside of the coach and would have provided easy access for water spray, rodents etc. May be part of your problem. I have had no soft floor issues.