Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2021, 11:01 AM   #21

You got that right....
Banksville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:13 AM   #22

I don’t recall seeing a sticker come with my lock set. The spots that required paint touch up were extremely small and were barely noticeable. As far as strength of it I think it is just as durable as the factory setup as far as the latch mechanism. I agree with what others have said, if someone wants in bad enough there’s nothing that will stop a pry bar.
315Precept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 02:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
I just heard back from RV Lock & Company.... Quote: "Unfortunately, we don't have a lock that can replace that style.
We are not planning on replacing that style, I’m sorry."

Mark
Did you ever find a keyless solution? I have the same door lock on my 2022 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige - I need to replace it, but would like to upgrade to a different handle. This one seems to perform poorly, as it is my 2nd one in 6 months to have issues with the latch.

This is the only post on the whole internet that I could find about this specific handle. I can't even find a part number. Reverse image searches also turned up dry.

Let me know if you faired any better. Thanks!
BamaRick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 12:10 PM   #24

I reached out to RVLock again to see if they had a solution for the style of lock that is on our Jayco Precept 34G. Below is their response that I received on 7/12:

Quote:
Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately right now we do not have any handles compatible with yours! It is possible that we will have one soon though! Our new Atlas handle should work with some modification, but we do not yet have that version ready yet!

Our product designers are currently working on creating this handle/modification, but it is a much more complicated handle and is taking some time!

Check back with us in a few months and we should hopefully have a solution or at least news for you then!
FYI, our style lock is "H - choice 8" when you use RVLock's Fit Guide for a Class A motorhome.

RV: 2023 Jayco Precept 34G
TV: 2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
LakeKlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKlair View Post
I reached out to RVLock again to see if they had a solution for the style of lock that is on our Jayco Precept 34G. Below is their response that I received on 7/12:

FYI, our style lock is "H - choice 8" when you use RVLock's Fit Guide for a Class A motorhome.
That gives me hope -- thanks!
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 07:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 315Precept View Post
Has anyone changed out there keyed setup for an after market keyless setup?
I just replaced my Bauer keyless with an RVlock. The replacement went fairly well. Needed to file the lock strike a bit but it works well. I like the features over the Bauer lock. Its over $100 cheaper than the Bauer and works better.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 04:30 PM   #27

We have. Went with Bauer lock. Uses same footprint as factory lock mechanism. Not fan of bluetooth feature, but other than that. Remember to change batteries seasonally. Love it
DBuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #28

MKASSAB - my 31UL has the same handle mech and to the best of my knowledge and research, no one makes anything to replace it (yet)...
Gillespiek is offline   Reply With Quote