Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2019, 12:19 AM   #1

Long term storage

I currently have my Jayco Alante in storage. It’s been there since the end of March, and won’t be used until end of October.

I’ve removed my coach batteries, and disconnected the chassis battery. Should I periodically go and start and run the chassis engine? Is there any benefit to doing that?

TIA
Barrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:44 AM   #2

It sure wouldn't hurt to run the chassis engine but the bigger thing is to run the generator. Onan manual says to run the generator 2 hours every month UNDER LOAD. I'd definitely run for at least an hour making sure to get everything hot enough to evaporate condensation. If you run the chassis engine I'd run for at least 30 minutes to get it to good operating temperature.

Of course this means you'll have to install all batteries but you will be charging them while you run the engines.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:36 AM   #3

I'm with 1955farm. I would also suggest fuel stabilizer in the gas tank and to run the gen a little on the stabilized fuel before storage. I do this if my unit is sitting over 4-6 weeks.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote