Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2023, 04:47 PM   #1

Precept 29 UM Slideout Wonky

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any thoughts on how I can resolve my Slide out issue.

Before Christmas I activated the button to bring in the length of the coach slide out for my 2015 Precept 29 UM that I have owned since new. I thought the slide had completely come in but when I went outside the coach I discovered that the portion of the slide of the coach at the front by the Driver had completely come in but the portion in the back by the bedroom was still sticking out slightly.

I went back inside the coach and looked for any obstruction but could not find one. I tried putting the slide back out but the portion in the back would only move a little bit and the front would kind of move in and out on an angle. Kind of like it was pivoting from the back of the slide.

I looked at the power relay under the bed and saw a tiny bit of evidence of corrosion so I bought a new one and replaced it thinking the power might not be getting to the back part of the slide. It did not resolve the problem. I do not see any issues with the wires in that area.

I was thinking to inspect the motors to the slide but the only access I can find to a motor for the Slideout is in the basement under the Refrigerator and blocked by a bunch of PVC pipes for the plumbing. I could not even really get the access plate off since a portion of it was covered by the edge of the inside of the plumbing compartment.

I am curious if anyone has any ideas on how I can further diagnose what might be the issue.

Is it possible it is just out of alignment and there is a way to get it all the way out and lined up and then it should come back in?

Any tricks on how to access the motor for inspection? It is very difficult to access.

Attached are a couple photos of the slide.

It is getting power and trying to work but something in the back is either stuck, broken, not getting power and causing it to move in and out at the front but not move in the back.
Attached Thumbnails
slideout front.jpg   slideout back.jpg  
danocg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:03 PM   #2

I had the same problem in my 2015 Precept 29 UM and fixed the slide-out alignment problems by reprogramming the in and out stops in the slide-out system. If I remember correctly (I no longer own the Precept), I used the individual motor controls to get "in-stop" aligned how I wanted it. It took me a few tries to get the slide aligned.

Here's a video on how to manually program in the in-out stops, assuming you have the power gear (now lippert) slide system.

Old 01-17-2023, 08:18 AM   #3

Thanks so much for the info and the video.

My controller is a little rocker switch. I unscrewed from the wall and only see a wire into the wall. Maybe mine is automatic stops?
Attached Thumbnails
rocker.jpg  
danocg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:48 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
You're controller will be somewhere else, perhaps under a bed or something similar. Are you holding down the switch for a few seconds after the slide comes all the way in? With these slideouts, you should always hold the switch down for a few seconds after the slide stops moving to allow the motors and the controller to sync. Sometimes running it in and out a few times holding it like that may fix the issue, assuming the motors are running normally.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote