Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2022, 03:25 AM   #1

Precept 31 UL - What is valve under bathroom sink?

Hello Class A Forum: I bought a 2021 Precept 31 UL used 2 months ago and can't figure out what the cold water shut off is under the bathroom sink. It is stuck in position so I can't turn it to see what it shuts off. I'm thinking it is the water supply to the residential fridge. If you have a 31 UL and know I appreciate your time. Wanting to winterize soon and would like to know. ALSO, if there is a trick to turning this valve I appreciate knowing. I turned it pretty hard by hand and the little handle came off. I snapped it back on and nothing was broken. Thanks! Dale
DLAreho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:37 AM   #2

On our 2023 36C the water line for fridge is located in cabinet below range/oven. Remove pull out drawer and it's a blue pex line that ends with a compression fitting with shut off. I had to find it when new fridge water wouldn't work first time we used it. Assembler shut off valve thankfully but never hooked up compression line to supply fridge. All the parts were there, just not connected.
RustyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:10 AM   #3

Thanks Rusty

Hi Rusty: Thanks for the tip. My Jayco is at the dealer for recall work and yesterday I asked them what the valve is for. If it is not for the fridge, I'll look under the kitchen sink for the fridge supply line valve location like on your unit. And for those who are reading, when I get the coach back, I'm going to take a picture of the valve and identify it (hopefully). Thanks!! Dale
Old 10-18-2022, 06:23 AM   #4

Dale, on my 36C it is plumbed off of cold supply to kitchen sink but shut off valve/compression supply to fridge is behind the larger pan drawer below oven...next to fridge.
RustyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 09:25 AM   #5

In my octane, there are TWO. Red and blue. Water drains and they pull up to drain water lines
Old 11-01-2022, 09:54 PM   #6

We have a '22 Precept 31UL and don't have any valves under the bath lav -- I assume you're talking about inside the cabinet and not in a storage bay.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:59 AM   #7

Update - Picture of Valve in question

Update from DLAreho (Dale) with picture on 11/9/2022 -- Thanks for the 4-5 responses to my question about my valve under my bathroom sink. (Note this valve is in the bathroom cabinet, not under the coach) Also I can't tell if this is a pull up valve (that I've read about in other forum threads) or a conventional twist turn valve. Neither seems to work and I don't want to break it. The blue line comes up into the cabinet, then the valve installed, and the line goes out the cabinet at the bottom. Also, if you look closely at the valve there is a 'flow' arrow. I'm thinking this could control the toilet or the fridge ice maker. Though the fridge ice maker is on the other side of the coach. The cold water line this controls is NOT to the cold water connection to the bathroom sink. Thanks Very Much!! Dale
Attached Thumbnails
pic of valve under bathroom sink-11_9_2022.jpg  
Old 11-09-2022, 10:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAreho View Post
Update from DLAreho (Dale) with picture on 11/9/2022 -- Thanks for the 4-5 responses to my question about my valve under my bathroom sink. (Note this valve is in the bathroom cabinet, not under the coach) Also I can't tell if this is a pull up valve (that I've read about in other forum threads) or a conventional twist turn valve. Neither seems to work and I don't want to break it. The blue line comes up into the cabinet, then the valve installed, and the line goes out the cabinet at the bottom. Also, if you look closely at the valve there is a 'flow' arrow. I'm thinking this could control the toilet or the fridge ice maker. Though the fridge ice maker is on the other side of the coach. The cold water line this controls is NOT to the cold water connection to the bathroom sink. Thanks Very Much!! Dale
That’s an air admittance valve for black tank flush.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:32 AM   #9

Make sure you didn’t break it because flushing the black tank if it’s broken can flood inside your cabinet. It has a spring inside and is not meant to be turned.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
That’s an air admittance valve for black tank flush.
AKA: Back flow preventer or Anti Siphon
Old 11-09-2022, 02:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
AKA: Back flow preventer or Anti Siphon
Yes
Back flow just in case you get a siphon effect from the black tank is what I should have said.
Either way, you should maybe replace if you twisted off the top. Very cheap part.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:06 AM   #12

Hi Parrot and Grumpy: Thanks very much for the information what this valve is. I'll keep an eye on it when I use the black tank flush. And get a replacement part next time I go to the RV supply store. And thanks to all who responded to this question. Dale