Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #1

Question about the jacks

So I was leaving this morning to go camping and I raised the jacks on my 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL. I could hear and feel them come up but I never got the "Jacks Down" light to extinguish. I kept messing with them, turning the ignition on and off to try again. Finally I used the Manual button to drop the jacks then raised them again and it seemed to work (meaning the alarm stopped screaming at me as soon as I took the parking brake off).

We take off and two blocks down the road, the jack alarm goes off again. i was about to pull over to the side when the alarm stopped, and I made it 160 miles to my destination without incident.

I plan on a big 3 week trip up to Lancaster in a few months and it has me wondering (worrying) what I can do to mitigate a problem. I assume these things have some type of limiter switch to tell the system the jacks are in fact up. I can't imagine driving a 2000 mile round trip with the jack alarm blaring at me the whole time.

I plan on cleaning the jacks tomorrow with some CLC Heavy Silicone Lubricant, but what else can I do?
xraymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:18 PM   #2

Check the connection on each jack. Electrical cleaner and a dab of dielectric grease wouldn’t hurt.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:37 AM   #3

Check the level in your hydraulic fluid tank. If it's low you'll get an alarm. I can't remember which one will light up, but the buzzer will be going off.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:30 AM   #4

Each one of your jacks has a zero grease fitting. It is easier to get to them when extended. Only need a couple full pumps on a grease gun loaded with lithium grease. Need to be done about every 50 operations. Also sometimes I will tap on the retract Jack button a second time if the light doesn't go off.
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave55 View Post
Each one of your jacks has a zero grease fitting. It is easier to get to them when extended. Only need a couple full pumps on a grease gun loaded with lithium grease. Need to be done about every 50 operations. Also sometimes I will tap on the retract Jack button a second time if the light doesn't go off.
I bought a grease gun, but I can't find any specific YouTube videos on the subject. Basically, is there anything that can be done wrong? If the ram is full and I try to add more is that bad, or can you put too much in?
xraymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #6

Each jack has a switch attached to it that indicates that the jack has been retracted. The switch on my driver side rear jack was intermittent. To determine which switch is flaky, go around to each switch and push it up. You've found the right one when the racket quits. I placed a small rubber boot over the end of the offending switch rod and the fix is permanent.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #7

That was happening on my Precept Prestige 36H. The level manufacturer has a fix for it. I don't remember exactly what it was but it did cure the problem. Talk to your dealer.

2019 Jayco Precept Prestige 36H
GAD36H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:22 PM   #8

Are the leveling jacks on the 2020 Alante 31V 9 or 10 inches diameter? Thanks.
ekunigon is offline   Reply With Quote