Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2021, 06:12 PM   #21

Thanks for the solution- there was no surprise about the convertor, I knew exactly what was happening. Had not see the powered breaker solution before.
Tarjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarjas View Post
Thanks for the solution- there was no surprise about the convertor, I knew exactly what was happening. Had not see the powered breaker solution before.
HAHA! Yes, I had a note on the inverter switch to turn off the converter breaker so I wouldn't forget. The relay is much better, easy install.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:27 PM   #23

Troubleshooting Inverter w/ Easy Start Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
Tarjas,

First, I suggest you read my thread where I have a lot more detail on how Inverter is wired in. Link: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...34g-81805.html

If you want to run all that you say, you'll need to wire in the inverter like I did... i.e., direct to the 120vAC circuit panel vs how Jayco has their inverter wired.

Honestly, in my opinion, it would be much easier and cheaper to just run your generator. And running the A/C on your current battery capacity.. well, let's say by the time the A/C started to get the coach cool, the battery will be dead. They sell electric surge reducers for the A/C and I'm installing one on each of my two A/C units for several reasons (which I'll document in my link when I install them in April) The Surge reducers I bought are https://www.microair.net/products/ea...nt=30176048267 There are other brands out there.

So, consider the big picture.... and future options like batteries, solar, multi inverters, etc.

Mark
I just installed a 3000W Renogy Pure Sine Inverter w/ 400W Solar Panels and an Easy Start 364 by MicroStart with a 200 Ah of LIPO4 battery. Works great EXCEPT I want to be able to run the RV AC for short periods of time (suck the heat out of the RV from sunny day) or for a quick cool down during a lunch stop on the road etc.

My issues is the inverter will run the AC now that I have the EasyStart installed but shuts off after about 5 seconds. Interestingly, it comes back on automatically after about 5 seconds and will repeat the process. It's not faulting any codes on the inverter making me manually reset. Any ideas?

I have very short two gauge wire from battery to inverter. It does get hot but not too hot? (~130 F while I was shooting it with temp gun).

Craig Warren in Houston, TX.
craigwarren09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #24
Drv

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwarren09 View Post
I just installed a 3000W Renogy Pure Sine Inverter w/ 400W Solar Panels and an Easy Start 364 by MicroStart with a 200 Ah of LIPO4 battery. Works great EXCEPT I want to be able to run the RV AC for short periods of time (suck the heat out of the RV from sunny day) or for a quick cool down during a lunch stop on the road etc.

My issues is the inverter will run the AC now that I have the EasyStart installed but shuts off after about 5 seconds. Interestingly, it comes back on automatically after about 5 seconds and will repeat the process. It's not faulting any codes on the inverter making me manually reset. Any ideas?

I have very short two gauge wire from battery to inverter. It does get hot but not too hot? (~130 F while I was shooting it with temp gun).

I would double check with Renogy but my initial feeling is you need to step up to 4/0 cables to handle amp draw more readily.
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #25

BMS Cutout?

>>>My issues is the inverter will run the AC now that I have the EasyStart installed but shuts off after about 5 seconds. Interestingly, it comes back on automatically after about 5 seconds and will repeat the process. It's not faulting any codes on the inverter making me manually reset. Any ideas?<<<

I don't know your battery brand but possibly too many amps making the BMS cut out?? I noticed some Lithium Iron batteries for sale may be 100AH but the BMS is only rated 50 Amps. Got a voltmeter to monitor it?
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:12 PM   #26

Quote:

I have a similar setup, except 400ah lifepo4 and 18" 2/0 cables between battery and inverter. What is the actual length of your "short two gauge wire"? Also, is the inverter is a ventilated space? Possibly it's overheating and kicking off.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drv View Post
I would double check with Renogy but my initial feeling is you need to step up to 4/0 cables to handle amp draw more readily.
Thanks for the feedback - as an update I ended up finding out that the battery I'm using has a 100amp max draw so it was shutting off on that after 5 sec. I bought a second battery and things have improved.
craigwarren09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback - as an update I ended up finding out that the battery I'm using has a 100amp max draw so it was shutting off on that after 5 sec. I bought a second battery and things have improved.
Even with two batteries, you won't be running the inverter very long with an A/C load.

Mark
Old 08-03-2021, 08:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-NM View Post
A 10,000 BTU Unit has surge wattage of 1800 watts and a running wattage of 1200 watts. A 12,000 BTU unit has surge wattage of 3950 watts and a running wattage of 3250 watts. DC: I = 3950 W / 110 V = 35.91 A
Your # must be wrong because my 5500W generator has two 30amp circuit two phases, for my 50 amp 36A Percept. ( I am a retired electrician) This gen run both a/c on one phase so one a/c can not draw more than 30 amp on a camper generator. 2nd if the a/c draw more than 20amps you would not have a just a 20amp circuit breaker in your CB box for your a/c unit's.
Shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:15 AM   #30

I have a 2019 Percept 36a and my generator will run my two a/c for about 2-3 hr and cut off. It will run all day if sitting still. If I let it sit for an hour it will run for 2-3+ hr. Has anybody had this problem before? Help!!!!
Old 08-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #31

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoman04 View Post
Your # must be wrong because my 5500W generator has two 30amp circuit two phases, for my 50 amp 36A Percept. ( I am a retired electrician) This gen run both a/c on one phase so one a/c can not draw more than 30 amp on a camper generator. 2nd if the a/c draw more than 20amps you would not have a just a 20amp circuit breaker in your CB box for your a/c unit's.

I agree... This is from Coleman's website and the highest load I see is 14.4 amps for a 15K unit in cool mode. It may surge higher, sure, but not for very long. I have two powersaver 11K units and they're 9.7 amps each and i'm a 30amp coach with a 4000W generator which will easily run both ACs.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.PNG  
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:39 AM   #32

I just got a update on my Generator not running while driving the road!!!!!! Omni Cummings has a TSB(Tech Service Bulletin) -180078. It's some kind of over heating carburetor air intake fix.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoman04 View Post
I am only talking about one AC either 10K or 12K. Could be wrong on the numbers. Been wrong before.