Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2022, 05:25 PM   #21

Pic of mine from the smaller chassis. I don't recall the bump stop prior to sumo install, but I do have the small black stop where I would expect the factory install to be. I mention this because for my fronts I removed the yellow stops similar to what you have on your back (although they were only on the top and did not go all the way).

..and it posted sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220830_180435.jpg  
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:14 PM   #22

Wow, that bump is very small, mines touch so that's why I will probably just do the front.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:16 PM   #23

To me they shouldn't even install that small bump, if it ever come down to that you will be in a world of hurt about that time. LOL.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:14 PM   #24

That's why I think maybe I had something different before the sumo install, but I don't know for certain. Not sure why they would replace a factory bump stop with what I have, so have to assume that is what came with the rig. Maybe someone else with the 18k chassis can share theirs or confirm?
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:36 PM   #25

I remember on etrailer that when they were doing one, they had the same one, it almost seems useless to have one if it come that small.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #26

Hey Steve, Thanks for the great pictures of the Sumo springs.

I am planning on adding them to my 36C one day but it's not bad now with the track bar, Koni shocks, and Safe T Plus install.

2022 Entegra Vision XL 36C
2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH 5th wheel (sold)
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:45 PM   #27

So how was it, we are leaving this Monday going to ID for about 14 days, I haven't driving mines yet since I did all of the mods, but I will take it out Friday to gas up before we leave though?

So, I guess that I don't have to install the Sumo Spring at this time?
Old 09-08-2022, 05:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
So how was it, we are leaving this Monday going to ID for about 14 days, I haven't driving mines yet since I did all of the mods, but I will take it out Friday to gas up before we leave though?

So, I guess that I don't have to install the Sumo Spring at this time?

The ride is much smoother that before, the swaybar link change helped with body roll, and the trac bar all but eliminated the rear side to side push from the Jeep. I think I'll hold off on the Sumo springs for now until after a few more trips.

I do think that I need a front end alignment but I can't find anyone near me that can do it.

I also want to weigh the coach so I can get the air pressure in the tires just right. I think 100psi is to much. I think that will make a big difference.

2022 Entegra Vision XL 36C
2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH 5th wheel (sold)
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 06:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafordguy View Post
The ride is much smoother that before, the swaybar link change helped with body roll, and the trac bar all but eliminated the rear side to side push from the Jeep. I think I'll hold off on the Sumo springs for now until after a few more trips.

I do think that I need a front end alignment but I can't find anyone near me that can do it.

I also want to weigh the coach so I can get the air pressure in the tires just right. I think 100psi is to much. I think that will make a big difference.
Thanks, what I did is I went with 95 psi all around we are taken the MH out tomorrow to fuel up and I will see if that is a sweet spot or not. I'm nowhere near my weight limit and even though I haven't weight it yet I can pretty much that 95 psi will be my starting point.

I'm glad that it's working out for you, it let me know that I should be good for now but when we go on our 500 miles one way trip Monday, I will be able to tell for sure.

I agree with the high psi, mines was set to 110 psi so I think that 95 psi will work, I don't travel with none of my tank full, I will have about 1/3 of fresh water though.

Have you installed the Safe-T-Plus?
Old 09-09-2022, 10:06 PM   #30

Well, I finally took out my motorhome since I did the upgrade and all I can say is that I love it, we will be going to Caldwell, ID which is about 500 miles from me towing a toad behind me. I did had to adjust my Safe-T-Plus a little and might have to do some more adjusting, when we get back I will see about getting an alignment.