Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2020, 08:04 AM   #1

Unhappy Update Ford 7.3 gas wire issues

Morning all,

I have posted about this issue before, but I wanted to bring those of you up to speed.

Background Ford Motorhome Division stated to me on or about August 6, 2020 that the manufacturer of the wires was going to expedite and package 100 wires, because there was 58 customers waiting on those wires. He then said that they would be packaged in the next day of two and it would be at the Ford dealer that has my coach on or about August 20, 2020.

On Thursday August 13, 2020 received a call from the same gentlemen from Ford Motorhome Division and he said that the wires would not be arriving until the end of September or the beginning of October. He further stated that there were 800 wires on order with the manufacturer.

Today August 14, 2020 I called the Ford dealer where my coach is to let him know that I received a call from Ford with the status of the wires. The service representative stated that they were calling around to other Ford dealer to find those wires. He then said that now he has two (2) other Jayco coaches at his dealership with the same problem. So that brings current total to three.

Just for logistics the Ford Dealership that has our coach is in Southern Connecticut.
Hoggie638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #2

Hmm... 58 customers waiting on new wires? I smell a recall.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #3

58 on a waiting list that doesn’t include the ones like myself and others that have already had it done. Wonder what that number is
Deburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
Njg

Ordered 3 wires on August 11 and picked them up from my Ford dealer 2 weeks later. You need to ask why it is taking months to get wires
Njg is offline   Reply With Quote