Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2023, 07:04 PM   #1

add fan to bedroom roof vent questions

Lots of ideas and help on here & internet. My question is, most recommend just grabbing power from a nearby light. My nearby lights are switched on the wall. Wouldn't the wall switch for the light have to be on all the time to power the fan with this configuration? It seems to me I need a hot 12 v and a 12v neg. Am I missing something?
2011 Octane T26Y
schematics requested from Jayco today for framing diagram, electrical diagram, Plumbing diagram

Thank you
Peekayphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 07:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekayphx View Post
Lots of ideas and help on here & internet. My question is, most recommend just grabbing power from a nearby light. My nearby lights are switched on the wall. Wouldn't the wall switch for the light have to be on all the time to power the fan with this configuration? It seems to me I need a hot 12 v and a 12v neg. Am I missing something?
2011 Octane T26Y
schematics requested from Jayco today for framing diagram, electrical diagram, Plumbing diagram

Thank you
Have you dropped the trim ring yet? It may already be wired for a fan, many were during that time period since it could have been an option.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:26 PM   #3

X2, also do some snooping. The ceiling is roof trusses. You might be able to pull power from the bathroom or from your headboard area.

I've pulled 100's of feet wire through my TT. I spent a fair amount of time snooping and opening cabinets, to figure out how Jayco got wires through the camper. I was surprised by the number of hidden false panels.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 11:39 AM   #4

I did drop the trim ring. Nothing right there. But i stuck my arm way into the space and found the run the the headboard area. I ways able to pull it enought to splice into. That is perfect to intercept as always on & not a switch leg.
Thank you!
Peekayphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekayphx View Post
I did drop the trim ring. Nothing right there. But i stuck my arm way into the space and found the run the the headboard area. I ways able to pull it enought to splice into. That is perfect to intercept as always on & not a switch leg.
Thank you!
Attached Images