Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Did you bleed the brakes again after your test run? Did you burnish them?

Earl
No, I didn't re bleed them. I went thru like 2 1/3 quart bottles of brake fluid and the last time I bleed all the calipers, they sat for a little while and I got absolutely no air out of them.
I did burnish them in a bit. I made a good 6 or 7 runs up to around 30mph and brake down. I'd let them sit for 20 or 30 seconds in between runs before I took off. They seem to be working REALLY good. I'll keep an eye on things for a little bit yet.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:04 AM   #102

Here's a quick update;
This whole COVID thing is a real pain to have to work around, but we are doing our best.
A couple weeks ago we finally got out and made a 400mi round trip run with it. This past weekend we made a 180mi round trip run and disc brakes are the way to go. What a difference!!! At slower speeds, around 30mph, I can feel a slight delay but you really dont notice it unless you are trying to feel for it. Faster speeds, I dont feel any delay to speak of, but I can definitely feel the new found stopping power it has.
I'm glad I spent the money on this upgrade. Well worth it. As far as the custom mods I did, I dont know if they helped in the stopping department or not. But, it does help in the bragging and bling department. Lol! My buddy said rolling down the road you can easily see the blue calipers and red pads inside the wheels. Said it looks pretty cool!
And as far as cool goes, things seem to run pretty cool back there too. We ran for a couple hours and had to hit a rest area. I had to get on the brakes a little bit due to the exit ramp being a bit on the short side and when we got stopped I went back and felt all the tires, wheel and rotors ( I forgot my IR gun ) and things felt pretty cool. We had a bit of stop and go, slow down and go as we got to the campground so the brakes got some good useage there and while the girls were checking us in I went back for a feel and still everything was fairly cool.
Pretty happy with this mod.