Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2020, 10:26 PM   #1

Down in a hole

I removed the TV antenna from the roof today which leaves me a hole around 1.5" diameter. The bottom will be covered with a 3" ceiling mount motion detector as part of the security system.

If I join the solar connections in the junction box via buss bar and only run a single DC power cable then I think I can run the 5 SMA cables for the 5-in-1 antenna and 4 ethernet cables.

However, I know some people have used the toilet tank vent pipe to hop in and back out below the coach for the solar cables and that would be closer to the main house electrical system, it might make more sense. I dunno yet.

The coaxial cable that's sticking up is laying ON TOP of the gd styrofoam and I can't budge it. So I have no aspirations now of being able to pull it back down and pull a string with it to run my new cables. I might have to go back to harbor freight and buy another Nylon Fish Tape.

I started removing the trim and inside lighting in order to find a path, but I need to buy a small step-ladder from THD to work overhead.

It would be great if I could get the antenna and ethernet cables ran to the cabinet behind the TV in the entertainment center at the very front.

Attached Thumbnails
20200705_112155=small.jpg   20200705_112216-small.jpg   20200705_112210=small.jpg   20200705_105549-small.jpg  
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:39 PM   #2

Today I mounted the junction box on the roof and cleared enough styro in the ceiling to pull the wifi / lte antennas through the plastic tube and all the way to the cap as much as possible. Next are the 6 ethernet cables, a tight fit.

Attached Thumbnails
TUNNEL.jpg   ANTENNA CABLES.jpg   VACATE.jpg   SUCCESS.jpg  
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote