Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2017, 12:41 AM   #1

LED TV install

Our Jayco 23BHM did not come with a TV, although it did come with a non-moving TV mount. We'd like to install a 32" or maybe a bit larger TV on a swing/pivot mount so we can watch movies during bad weather. The TT has a spot marked on the wall (an indentation between cabinets) that says Mount TV Here or some such.

However, this is our first TT and I'm worried about the stability of the mount and TV. Anything special we should know before trying to install this to avoid tearing up the wall or having to re-do things later? The 32" LEDs I looked at on Amazon are only about 9-10 lbs, but the walls seem wafer thin and I'm not sure about what to use to make it as secure as possible.

I know a 32" is possible because Jayco offers it, so I'd like to consider something a little bigger (maybe 35-36") for our old eyes (the kids don't care so much), so any suggestions on how to safely mount everything and how to choose a size/weight limit would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:50 AM   #2

I have 32" mounted on a swing arm in the bedroom. I'm told that this is the max that the wall/ stud can handle with the bouncing while driving. In the living room I have a 50" on a very sturdy mount to the entertainment system.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodro123 View Post
I have 32" mounted on a swing arm in the bedroom. I'm told that this is the max that the wall/ stud can handle with the bouncing while driving. In the living room I have a 50" on a very sturdy mount to the entertainment system.
This would be the living room mount. I’m just not sure how much I trust the “TV Mount Here” sticker.