Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #1

2015 WH pre-wired for 2nd a/c?

Title pretty much says it all. We have a 2015 Whitehawk 27DSRL with a single a/c unit. That single unit just can't keep the interior cool, especially the bedroom up front. Does anyone know if Jayco pre-wired the bedroom ceiling for a second a/c unit since that was an option if you ordered new?
Thanks in advance.
Russ661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #2

I don't think they normal pre-wire for a second A/C unless you specifically order it that way. In addition to the wiring you would need a 50 amp converter. From what I've been told you could add the wiring and converter after the fact but it would be costly to have a dealer do it (I was quoted $2K+).

We were concerned about having the one A/C unit (13.5K BTU ducted) but on the hottest days (in the 90's and humid) it has actually kept the trailer cold. We have the A/C running early in the morning, shades down and awning out and it has had no problem keeping the trailer cool as the heat builds up during the day.

That said my brother lives near Lancaster and told me the temperatures by him we in the 100's (dry desert heat) so I'm not sure how the one A/C would handle that kind of heat.

Do you have a ducted unit?

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #3

Pull the trim ring from the vent, if it's prewired it will be right there
Old 08-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #4

https://www.jayco.com/tools/archive/...s-and-options/ 2015 White Hawk options

I know if I had optioned for a 2nd AC on my 2015 WH 32DSBH it would be 50amp service...I have the single AC 15k btu option. We’re currently at Ocean Lakes CG in Myrtle Beach, SC. I was worried that the single AC unit would have trouble keeping up in the 90 deg high humidity weather and 5 occupants. I cleaned the condenser coils with AC foam cleaner. Wrapped both slideouts with radiant barrier which kept my slide out ceiling temp between 80-85deg (outside slideout roof temp before adding radiant barrier was 130deg, main roof was 122deg ) ceiling temp used to be 95 deg. Found hot spot at head of my bed, sun was hitting the front of the trailer at 9am and the wall temp by my head was 100deg as per my temperature gun. I also, if needed, thought about getting a portable AC double hose model and run the 120 volt cord directly to the pedestal, only thing is depending on your floor plan is how to run the two hoses ( 4 inch diameter I think ) out of the trailer. It’s been nice and cool in the trailer the whole week, I installed digital Coleman-Mach t-stat my friend gave me which is easy to read, temp never went above 78, at bedtime set at 73deg
Attached Thumbnails
20180817_090851.jpg  
Future Projects : Kitchen faucet w pulldown sprayer DONE , bathroom faucet and shower head DONE, dimmer for awning lights DONE, Clear door window kit DONE, internal&external fridge fans DONE
denn888 is offline   Reply With Quote