Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #11
Site Team

We camp a lot at summersville lake. We also have camped at black water falls st park, beach fork st park and sutton lake.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #12

Watoga & Cedar Creek are probably our favorite.
Happy Camping

WVCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #13

We've had 2 ultra lite hybrid Jaycos. Our '03 Kiwi 17a was really low to the ground. Our X20E isn't bad, but I suspect it already has the lift kit (we bought it off the lot).

So yes, get the lift kit.
Skip the grill. Far too much money for what it is. Much better off using your own portable grill.
Skip the 22" TV. Like the grill, you can get your own higher quality TV for less money.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #14

Need to make a decision tomorrow if we choose to order a 2015 with delivery by mid April. I think I have found both dealers' bottom lines:

Dealer #1 has 2014 on lot, only option on it is the power package (electric awning & hitch) is about 4 hours from the house and have not dealt with them previously

Dealer #2 can order the 2015, price is $1,000 more than dealer one with identical options. I can order other options at their cost (previously listed in the thread). This dealer is closer and we have bought/sold our last three campers.

As for options, I appreciate all that provided feedback, if we choose to order, we are set on the lift kit, bunk/mattress heaters, the grill & TV we will purchase or try to negotiate.

Question is, would you pay an extra grand for a year newer model? Our track history has been to pay off the camper we have and trade within 4-5 years.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #15

Lots of options. I would question if you can get an enclosed underbelly. The frame has lots of holes in it to lighten the weight; the lower skirt is very light weight too. Also if you add the enclosed underbelly you will significantly reduce the cargo capacity. These HTTs do not have a large cargo (weight) capacity.

2” suspension, very personal, and I think would depend on the places you want to go. I thought I would want it, but the dealer made me a good deal on a unit in stock, so I did not get it. We have never needed it. Once at a KOA we had a bad sewer hookup drain position. If you are thinking about a blue sewer tote, consider a Therford Smarttote.

We went out and bought our own heated mattress pads. The only disadvantage to them is, is it you have to store that when you are not using them. If they are built into the mattress they you all ways have them and you only have to plug them in.

Power options; I think you can only get the 23B with an electric awning. I really like the looks of the new LED lights under the awning. That I would absolutely get, and I think that is standard. Power jack, that is very personal. I do not have one, for me it is no big deal to crank the handle, if I was 15-30 years older that might be a different story.

Grill, leave it at the store, and buy a good table top stove and/or grill. I have one of each, we utilizing a small 11 pound propane tank with a multiport manifold. We set it up on the picnic table and keep the heat and mess outside the HTT (easier cleanup).

22” TV, that is very personal. Personally, I removed it after our trip. We do carry a small tablet, for the kid to be entertained when needed. We have a number of movies downloaded to it. He only watches it when the weather is poor, or as he is falling asleep at night in his bed.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #16

Jagiven, appreciate your detailed response, so are you saying yes or no to the covered underbelly? I never thought about the increased weight, by my calculations even w/out any liquid in the tanks it would be south of 1,000 pounds in cargo...........not much to work with once you start packing it!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #17

I would say No to the enclosed underbelly. We have been out in the low 20 degree range (night) and have had no issues with the exposed tanks. The floors are a little cool, but not bad.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVCamper View Post
Need to make a decision tomorrow if we choose to order a 2015 with delivery by mid April.
That's pretty good turn around time. I ordered mine 8 weeks ago and its still not in; I'm told the awful cold/snowy weather we've been having has slowed things down up in Northern Indiana (where Jaycos are made).
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #19

I'll report back once it's delivered, I'm hoping mid April. The salesman called Jayco while we were there last weekend and they said they were starting to build a group next week? I too thought a 6-week turnaround was pretty quick. Let me know if you get yours before we get ours.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #20

I just read your questions about your new x23b! I also am new to this sight, and camping, I ordered a new x23b also, to be delivered in late March. I've done tons of research for at least a year, and I believe this is the best hybrid out there. When does yours arrive?
Thanks Mike Eagle Nebraska

kepami03 is offline   Reply With Quote