Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #1

Changing The Mattress

I want to change the crappy mattress in my 2017 White Hawk 28DSBH. Anyone exchange their mattress? What did you change it for?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
#1Remembories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:48 AM   #2

I had an ok king size mattress in my 2018 5er but I changed it out for a queen size temperpedic. The length was the same but I had to trim the sides down to make it sit properly. It was a great modification since it's a better mattress and gave us more room on the sides of the bed.
JIlleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #3

We got one of these and really like it.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000K5Z0...HUU8U8Q5&psc=1
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #4

Do a search here.. There have been numerous mattress discussions on this forum.
The general consensus is the same. Both the Denver and the Simmons mattresses provided by Jayco are complete junk! LOL!

At one point Jayco was giving refunds (credit) if the mattress failed to a spec they define. I forget what the exact criteria is to say the mattress failed. So many inches of sag in the middle I think. So if you're under warranty and you believe the mattress has failed, you may be able to get the cash ($150?) and put it towards a respectable mattress, rather than getting Jayco to replace it with another piece of junk.

Check out the 11" Brentwood Home memory gell mattresses on Amazon. They come in all sizes including RV sizes. We liked it so much, we got one for the house as our nightly sleeper.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:58 AM   #5

+1 to running a search. This has been discussed quite frequently on the forum.

Personally, we started with a 4" memory foam topper on top of the crappy OEM Denver ($100 at Wally World) which worked great for about 3 years. Then when the underlying mattress began giving way, we replaced the whole works with a 10" Zinus foam mattress from Amazon (about $250 IIRC).

I love our Zinus, but DW thinks it's "too firm". I'll probably end up putting a 2" soft memory foam topper on it to make her happy, but I love it just the way it is.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #6

Bought new Mattress

We sold our first camper with the mattress we had bought from Camping World. I called CW and had them look up our account. It had been manufactured by Parklane Parklane RV Mattresses
As camping world no longer sells Parklane mattress, I contacted Parklane dirctly, told her I was trying to find the same model that we had. We selected the one that we thought it would have been and ordered it. Delivery was quick and we are very happy with the mattress. We did with the first, and still do with the new mattress, add a 1" memory foam topper onto it as my husband needs it for shoulder injuries. Check them out.
Two4Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #7

Jayco replaced the one in our 16 Eagle same junk!
Attached Thumbnails
Matress tag #2.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Jayco replaced the one in our 16 Eagle same junk!

I hear they will often cut you a check (about$ 150) rather than getting it replaced with the same junk. Take the money and run!
Old 02-25-2018, 04:35 PM   #9

Funny, our '12 eagle came stock with a nice pillow top mattress and it's quite comfortable but the wife wanted a little more give so we added a 3'' memory foam topper and now it's perfect.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #10

We bought a 3” thick memory foam topper. $89 shipped on Amazon. Complete difference and very happy.

Dog got our old one so I just ordered a new one yesterday. I’ll post some pics and thoughts if this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #11

Check out this extensive ongoing discussion on Jayco Mattresses: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ses-45555.html
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:33 PM   #12

Back in the summer of 2016 my so called mattress fell apart, Jayco said we can replace it or send you $200, I took the $200. I read so many reviews on Amazon it made my head spin, reviews were all over from loving to hating it, to soft, to firm, big depressions, lumps, to hot and on and on, no warranty even though sold as 10 years so I passed on that route. Since I loved my Setra iComfort memory foam at home I went searching for a deal. I stopped at a high end furniture store clearance center and found a bunch of brand new in the bag king size Serta iComfort mattresses that retailed for over 3k, the salesman said let me go see what the bottom price is, I figured way more than I wanted to spend he came back at $500 out the door. I took it home and since the king size was a bit big I cut the cover off got out the electric turkey knife and cut it down to size, bought the correct size zipper cover and now I sleep like a king just like I do at home.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote