Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2022, 03:55 PM   #1

Question Jayco 2014 ultra lite SLX value WATER DAMAMGE

Hello all,

My husband and I recently purchased our first RV - a Jayco Ultra lite slx 18fdb. They are very difficult to find used in Western Canada right now, so we jumped the gun a little. After purchasing we realized there was quite a bit of water damage in the front around the right corner window and along the seam. We asked the previous owner about water damage before purchase and he said there was none (despite him having caulked the front as a "precaution", red flag, I know). We were quoted at least $3000 to repair. We feel foolish for having purchased without properly inspecting and now am wondering if it's worth eating the cost of repair or just selling at a lost. Anyone have any thoughts on what a reasonable asking price for this RV would be? Everything else seems to work. It was sold to us without the spare tire, a flat tire and no battery.

Thanks,
Bamboozled RV owner
abroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 05:00 PM   #2
Site Team

First and foremost, welcome to JOF. I wish that you could have found us on a happier note.

It is very difficult to determine the value of a damaged unit in today's market. Prices are very high at this point in general. If you can get it fixed, it may be worth that investment for you to keep it and use it. I doubt that you would ever get that money back out when you would try and sell it however. If that is the direction you would decided to go, you would probably be best to advertise as is right now with full disclosure of the issues and see what you can get for it.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote