Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #21

Best thing I ever did on the RV was to change the thermostat over to digital. The original slider was likely plus/minus 7-10 degrees, it seemed. I had to give up the two speed fan setting, but no big deal there.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #22

I have never used the furnace in my 175RD, but one of the first things I did was replace the thermostat with a Honeywell 1000. If nothing else, it's great to have an accurate temp sitting there for me.

When the day comes that I DO need to use the furnace, do I need to set the roof AC unit (13,500) to heat in order to run the fan? I have no idea how to actually work the heating system in this trailer .

(Note: this thread is 8 years old but at this point let's go with it...)
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I have never used the furnace in my 175RD, but one of the first things I did was replace the thermostat with a Honeywell 1000. If nothing else, it's great to have an accurate temp sitting there for me.

When the day comes that I DO need to use the furnace, do I need to set the roof AC unit (13,500) to heat in order to run the fan? I have no idea how to actually work the heating system in this trailer .

(Note: this thread is 8 years old but at this point let's go with it...)

Not sure of the thermostat you have, but the fan switch should be independent in any case. The Coleman Mach slider unit I replaced had a fan switch with two settings. When I replaced it with a digital Honeywell unit, I then had only one fan speed but that was no big deal. Whenever you turn on either the AC or heater the fan should automatically come on. As I have a wife and daughter who both use the hair dryer, I typically turn off the AC and set it to run the fan only so that the breaker doesn't trip.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:07 PM   #24

The analog thermostat will get easier to move eventually. The actually do work well IMO. You just have to find the set point that is comfortable for you.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote