Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #1

Water in new 28dsbh

Hey guys,
We just did our maiden voyage 720 miles south in our new 28dsbh and had a water leak mystery. I did load some water into the holding tank, maybe 10 gals but not more than 20 im sure. Basically I stopped went into the trailer to check things and found what prob looked like about several cups of water had leaked from somewhere, it was all over the floor. It looked as if it came from under the fridge or something. It was in the bathroom and had run all over clear to in front of the stove on back. Now granted we did drive through a storm so water either came in the side from that of it came from the holding tank from sloshing around?? The ceiling was dry and no water bottles were damaged or leaking. is it possible some water from a previous fridge thawing was trapped in there somehow somewhere? Fridge was dry when we left but had been used parked at our house in previous months. Another remote possibility is some minute small amount of water was in the holding tank during a hard freeze and could have damaged it? All that was in there would be what would come out the lower drain point. I know it dosent drain everything because when I pump the orange stuff through the rest of the unit I poured some in there and I couldn't get anymore to drain from it, And I knew I just poured some in, so that low drain point does not empty that tank completely.
Anyone els ever have this? Any thoughts or comments appreciated,
Thanks, Matthew
2014 Dodge eco Diesel/ 2015 jayco dsbh

kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about your water issue. You for sure will want to get to the bottom of it so that it can be addressed if there is an issue.

I know we have had water drain from the fridge after it defrosts. So that might be the issue. It would be hard to believe a holding tank would get water inside as they are below the rig. Was there any water in the toilet that may have come out?

BrettSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #3

How bad of a rain storm? We had a similar issue last summer. No one could find the leak. We believe the water came through the hole in the floor where the plumbing comes through for the tank. We had all kinds of sand and git in that area, along with a couple cups of water water on the floor. The dealer under warranty, sealed up that area very nicely, almost like they have seen this issue before. I have been thinking about making a small mud flap like device to run across the underside right in front of the front of the first tank (FW) to divert any water spray down and away.

Good luck

Can you start a post about your ego diesel, I would like to here about Dodges setup
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #4

To make a long story short, After I typed this I went outside to see where the fridge drains to (assuming to the ground somewhere) Not so, its a white plastic holding thing that needs to be hand emptied it looks like. It also happens to hold aprox a couple cups
Its located in behind the plastic door that goes to the back of the fridge.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #5

<<Can you start a post about your ego diesel, I would like to here about Dodges setup>>

Sure will Sir!
Old 12-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #6

<<How bad of a rain storm?>> It was about a 7 out of 10 rain storm. Ill keep that in mind incase it was not the fridge. Ill wait for a good downpour and check it where your was leaking.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos View Post
<<How bad of a rain storm?>> It was about a 7 out of 10 rain storm. Ill keep that in mind incase it was not the fridge. Ill wait for a good downpour and check it where your was leaking.
I only had this leak once, and it was a horrible rain storm, which I would have pull off for if I could have. I am guessing the conditions were just right.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #8

Did U leave water in the toilet bowl?
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Did U leave water in the toilet bowl?
Nope, it was empty.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #10

We went through a really bad rain storm last summer (9 /10). When I stopped there was water on the floor. Not that much but it was wet. Only thing I can think of is the at water came in under the slide.

BTW I thought the fridge had a drain tube that drained outside the trailer. I'll have to check mine next time I visit the trailer.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)
t2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote