Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #1

White Hawk front fade

I have a 2012 White Hawk 28DSBH. It appears the front top is fading or chalking but when I rub it, it is not, no chalking. Will the recommended RV wax sharpen it up?

You can also see the outline of a couple of the structural members. Any thoughts?

Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #2

I had the same problem with my White Hawk I talked with the dealer he already talked to Jayco about it they said it is because I didn't wax it with a good paste wax it helped but you could still se the deference. I thanking Jayco would take care of this problem the fronts are huge bill boards.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #3

Well, I bought this used. I will give it a good waxing and see if it helps. Again, it is not chalking, just can tell.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #4

I bought mine used also but they did take care of a few other things and they are to new for this to happen other than that I love layout for a family of 4.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #5

My dealership has been pretty good so far. I am taking it in tomorrow for them to fix some items discovered a problem on our first outing. I will ask them about the front.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #6

Does anyone have advice on the type of wax to use on a White Hawk vacuum bonded walls?
Old 06-21-2014, 11:52 PM   #7

I believe you should stay away from anything that contains petroleum distillates. Aerospace 303 is a great product.
josephtsalisbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #8

Resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one. I have a 2013 30DSRE that I bought new in December 2012. The trailer has been great. We are very meticulous about keeping it clean. The inside looks and smells like brand new. I wash the exterior at least several times a year and I've waxed the front cap on several occasions. However, nonetheless, my front cap is looking faded as others have described.

I am still in my warranty period but 1) I am not sure that this would be covered and 2) I am not sure whether it would present brand new risks by having them mess with it.

My main concern is if the front cap were to be replaced would it then be an area of risk for water intrusion or some other "didn't get the new one on there quite right" problem? I would rather have a little cosmetic fade than to introduce structural / integrity concerns.

What options exist, if any, to fix or greatly improve the condition of the cap? After another couple years if it looks really bad can the cap be reconditioned in some way without being removed / replaced?

Outside of this issue my trailer has had very few minor issues. I am happy with how it is holding up and am hoping it makes it to the year 2020 (7 years total) when I might move to a fifth wheel.
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #9

I contacted Jayco and they confirmed that the fade is not covered under the 2 year warranty. I explained that I clean routinely and wax periodically but they still responded to me to wax it. UGH...

So... today, I waxed it again. And, yes it looks pretty good but I also know from experience it won't last very long. I can't imagine waxing every 4 weeks to keep it looking nice. If I have to recondition the cap in the future I am thinking to go solid white like the sides of my RV so that it will absorb virtually none of the heat from the sun. The semi-dark brown seems like a bad idea.

Here are before and after photos of my front cap.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0938.jpg   IMG_0945.jpg  
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #10

Did you contact Jayco directly or go through your dealer? This is a very common problem and most everyone is getting it covered. I would definitely try and go through the dealer if you didn't. They probably have more "pull".

UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote