Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #11

The Jayco OEM mattress is now made by Denver Mattress and we did find them very comfortable but I'll be sure the check out the ones at CW next time I'm there. BTW a new CW is under construction in Eugene a stones throw from the Marathon manufacturer. Prior to this we had to go nearly to Portland to visit a CW.

Thanks for the tips on the Fantastic Fan.

I'm sitting here wondering if my TT is on the road someplace? Getting very anxious. Still have 10 days of vacation to burn and want to spend them in the new TT.

Was wondering, do you experience much sway after your stabalizers are down? I have looked at the BAL-X chocks and the strut types that attach to the crank down stabalizers. Any thoughts?

I have 2 Camco vent covers that I took off my old TT. Would like to hear more about why you went with Max AirII. Is it because you have to clean the fan blades frequently on your Fantastic Fan?

Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #12

A little sway the morning after set up, but snug the supports in the morning and usually takes care of it. Only been out for 1 multi day trip with the WH and only snugged things a couple times. Not sure I see the need for anything else. Went with MaxAirII because that is what I put on my previous TT when I did the fantastic fan. Don't know if one is better than an other but went with what I was familiar with. Had no problems or leaks with the MaxAir even in some pretty rough weather. Usually closed the vent if bad weather was in the area, but sometimes get rain at night. Still no drips.

You may need to use a glue gun to secure some of the paneling trim. We did. The loose strips were near the bottom where they can snag on feet or the broom. Easy fixes.

We ordered ours from the dealer near the factory in Middlebury In. so it was factory fresh when we drove up to pick it up.

I have the Denver mattress in my barn. Agree it was much more comfortable than the typical OEM mattress, but still no match for the Eurotop interspring.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts or opionions for storage covers on the Whitehawk? With the curve on the front I did not know if there was a special cover to use or not.
Still wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a trailer cover for the WHitehawk 28DSBH?
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #14

Whitehawk Covers?

I used an ADCO Tyvek cover on our last trailer which has the same rounded front profile as our White Hawk. Just make sure you cover your gutters with a tennis ball to prevent the cover from tearing. They have slits to lower the bellowing. I will pick up a set for my 28DSBH before November. Check out CW as they typically will have a sale this time of year.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by milw156 View Post
I used an ADCO Tyvek cover on our last trailer which has the same rounded front profile as our White Hawk. Just make sure you cover your gutters with a tennis ball to prevent the cover from tearing. They have slits to lower the bellowing. I will pick up a set for my 28DSBH before November. Check out CW as they typically will have a sale this time of year.
Thanks so much!!
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #16

I'm still on the fence about getting a cover. Have read response here and on other forums and most don't use covers and a good % of those who bought one, don't use them. We use our TT for a month trip to Fla in Feb, 4 - 6 outings during the Spring and Fall, and several Mancave overnights when the Grandkids swarm the house. Wife wants a cover for the new WHawk but I just see me fighting to put it on and take it off about a dozen times each year.

Yes or No???
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #17

I think after reviewing all the brands I like Goldline. 6 year warranty, online discount code etc. That being said, im not sure I want the hassle of covering and removing throughout the year. Sometimes I choose to go camping at the last minute and working a cover would be a real chore. There are also time when it rains so much here in S Oregon that we dont camp for about 3 months straight and the cover would be beneficial. Im going to ponder it a bit more.

On another note we leave in about 2 hours to accept delivery of our new White Hwak 30dsre. Now nust need my personal schedule to open up and allow a trip soon.

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
Old 09-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjohneyre View Post

On another note we leave in about 2 hours to accept delivery of our new White Hwak 30dsre. Now nust need my personal schedule to open up and allow a trip soon.
You will make time for that first trip, once you sit in the new WH you won't be able to resist. Don't remember what you've owned before, but important to remember that the WHawk has a lot of trailer in front of the axles. I've found that the trailer tends to drag into the corner requiring a wider turn radius than my previous TT. You've seen the sign on the back of many 18 wheelers that says "this vehicle makes WIDE turns". You will need to do the same.

Enjoy and remember to ask. I may have already faced the same question. No need for you to struggle with the same issues.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #19

Well went ahead and put a Goldline cover on the White Hawk today. Measured my trailer from front to rear ladder and it was 30'4" so I ordered a 30'-32' foot cover. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone with the 28'-30' foot size. All in all very happy with its quality and ease of use.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #20

I also have a Goldline cover. It's been on the 28DSBH for 2 weeks, so I don't have a strong opinion of it yet.

2012 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.73 (traded)
2005 Jayco 1207 (second PUP)
1976 Coleman Brandywine (first PUP)
katgar05 is offline   Reply With Quote