Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #1

Question 2018 Jay Feather 213 Electrical

What would make all electrical in 2018 Jay Feather X213 stop working on the first day in our possesion? Perhaps there is an in-line fuse we have not yet found. Need your help.

No kidding. Took posession of our 2018 Jay Feather earlier today. Battery was dead, but technician at Camping World assured us our truck would charge the battery by the time we got home.

Battery was still dead when we got to storage yard near our home.. We used truck power to raise and lower hitch with electric A-Frame jack. Eventually got hitch and ball seperated after lifting rear truck tires off the ground. Hitch stopped working. Lights in trailer stopped working. No shore power in storage lot. I took battery home to charge on trickle charger.

Returned to RV and reconnected 7 pin plug. Still nothing working. I discoverd blown 30 amp blade fuse under front of trailer in green ground wire. Replaced the fuse. No improvement. One breaker in trailer at half cock. All visible fuses in trailer OK. Checked all fuses in truck. We are not going to drive 2 hours on Interstate in major metro area without brakes or turn signals.

Took truck to the house and connected to small utility trailer. Everything worked fine.
TravelsWithFlyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #2

Your trailer brakes and signals should still work, since the power for those come from your truck, via the 7-pin electrical plug.

You won't have emergency brakes though, if you battery is dead on the trailer.

My first thought is the inline 30A fuse on the green wire. This is not the ground wire, they just use green for some reason.

On my 213, my tongue jack wiring was shorted and caused the 30A fuse to blow immediately.

Have you plugged into shore power?

Maybe you have a bad battery that doesn't hold a charge? Defective?
Old 10-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #3

Thank you. I neglected to mention that battery was tested at auto parts store and reported to be good, but discharged.

I will reconnect recharged battery in the morning. If that does not work, will find shore power.

2017 F150, 5.0 liter, 3.55 rear end, supercab

TravelsWithFlyrod
Old 10-08-2017, 05:43 AM   #4

Partially Solved

We found a blown 30 amp blade-type fuse under the front of the trailer in a single-fuse receptacle with green wire. Replaced it. Charged battery at home overnight then re-installed. Twelve volt system works fine with one exception; when we deploy rear slide, we blow that fuse. Returning to dealer Monday. By then we hope to see if that also solves the problem of battery not charging on the way home from dealer.

Buy stock in company that makes blade-type 30 amp fuses. Ha ha!

Tags
electrical issues, need help, x213