Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

Furrion DV5700 & outside speakers-- how do you turn them off?

2018 Jayco Octane 161 with a Furrion DV5700. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn off the outside speakers.

Common solutions I've read are fade/balance adjustments, but that's not it. Fade all the way forward turns all speakers off, and all speakers are on at the extreme other position. Balance turns one speaker off, both inside and outside.

There are no "zone" buttons on the head unit or remote, and nothing in all menus suggests there are zones to control. There are no switches on the master panel that control outside speakers, so unless there is a hidden switch somewhere, I'm at a loss.

I've read the manual, back to back. I've searched the forums. I cannot image they'd put a 180watt stereo system with BT, DVD players, etc and not allow you to turn the outside speakers off... right? Why would the whole RV park need to hear the movie I'm watching?

Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190319_112127.jpg  
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #2

The one that I had like yours used the fade option. Sounds like you're going to have to take it in, or just pull the stereo and reconfigure the speaker wires yourself. Not hard to do.
2010 Ram 3500 4x4 long bed crew cab
2003 Royal Star Venture 1300cc
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
The one that I had like yours used the fade option. Sounds like you're going to have to take it in, or just pull the stereo and reconfigure the speaker wires yourself. Not hard to do.
If it's not hard, why did the Jayco employee install it incorrectly at the factory?

Just kidding... I guess I'll pull it out and try re-wiring it. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #4

Mine is adjusted with the balance. Should just have to swap two wires.

[If it's not hard, why did the Jayco employee install it incorrectly at the factory?]

They do that so that you get more familiar with your rig by having to make the correction.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
2018 Jayco Octane 161 with a Furrion DV5700. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn off the outside speakers.

Common solutions I've read are fade/balance adjustments, but that's not it. Fade all the way forward turns all speakers off, and all speakers are on at the extreme other position. Balance turns one speaker off, both inside and outside.

There are no "zone" buttons on the head unit or remote, and nothing in all menus suggests there are zones to control. There are no switches on the master panel that control outside speakers, so unless there is a hidden switch somewhere, I'm at a loss.

I've read the manual, back to back. I've searched the forums. I cannot image they'd put a 180watt stereo system with BT, DVD players, etc and not allow you to turn the outside speakers off... right? Why would the whole RV park need to hear the movie I'm watching?

Ideas?
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue...
Rdub91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:03 PM   #6

Not sure if the DV5700 is anything like the DV300, but our DV3300 has 2 zones for the speakers. Both zones can be on at once or one zone at a time. The outside speakers are on Zone 2 which is the same zone as the bedroom speakers. We have a switch in the bedroom labeled inside speakers in one position and outside speakers in the other. We cannot play through the bedroom speakers and outside speakers at the same time. To turn the outside speakers off, we either turn off zone 2 or flip the speakers switch to inside.

In our Greyhawk motorhome, to run sound through the outside speakers, we also had to flip a switch. There was an unlabeled switch with several other labeled switches near the door. The unlabeled switch controlled whether the outside speakers were on or off.

Hope that helps.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdub91 View Post
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue...
Negative. My only guess is that it's wired incorrectly in the back of the unit, but I haven't felt motivated to start digging around back there.

As for the 'zone' switch, if there is one, it's well hidden as I've not found it.

An easier option would be just to remove both outside speaker wires, as I can't imagine many scenarios where the people around me would appreciate hearing my music/movies.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #8

Speaker Frustration

Has anyone figured out this issue? We just bought a used 2019 Octane 161, and we cannot figure out how to turn off the outside speakers. The manual shows a picture of a switch that is supposed to be located in the cargo area, but it isn't there. We really don't want to blast the other campers with whatever we're watching or listening to. Please let us know what you did to solve the problem.
Thanks!
BillyandStacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandStacie View Post
Has anyone figured out this issue? We just bought a used 2019 Octane 161, and we cannot figure out how to turn off the outside speakers. The manual shows a picture of a switch that is supposed to be located in the cargo area, but it isn't there. We really don't want to blast the other campers with whatever we're watching or listening to. Please let us know what you did to solve the problem.
Thanks!
The only way is to unscrew and disconnect the outside speakers. I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to install a switch if you can trace the wires inside.

Yeah, it's a huge oversight and/or improper installation at Jayco.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:34 AM   #10

We called Jayco and asked about turning off the outside speakers. The woman who answered the phone said "No, they cannot be turned off."
We just couldn't believe that, so Billy fiddled around with the stereo a bit more and discovered that one of the numbered buttons across the bottom is the fade, and it will turn off the outside speakers. Yay! Success!
Good luck!
BillyandStacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandStacie View Post
We called Jayco and asked about turning off the outside speakers. The woman who answered the phone said "No, they cannot be turned off."
We just couldn't believe that, so Billy fiddled around with the stereo a bit more and discovered that one of the numbered buttons across the bottom is the fade, and it will turn off the outside speakers. Yay! Success!
Good luck!
Unfortunately not for me. They wired one rear speaker and one side speaker outside. So even if I fade side-side or front-rear, at least one of them remains on. I just disconnected them outside.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:03 AM   #12

Turn off outside speakers

We have a Jayco Journey Outback..single axle …and in Australia
I too puzzled about this tonight as it was the first time we had used the audio.
I got them off by stepping thru the SEL button ( LHS / first one .. across the lower area)…till I got to FDR R7. Which I think means Rear 7/7.
However if this doesn’t work I reckon the speakers have been incorrectly connected. Ie the rear speaker fader position controls the inside and the outside speakers at the rear end of the RV and the front fader position control the front inside / outside speakers
So the fix is to pull the unit out and connect them correctly
Page 4 of the manual shows them with colour coded pairs.
I suggest you tape each pair of the wires going to each speaker before disconnecting them.
So the inside speakers should be the Rear 2 pairs (green & green/black plus purple & purple/black…the outside speakers should be the Front 2 pairs ( white & white /black plus gray & gray/black). The only gotcha is the + w
Moggie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #13

Chose zone 2. Worked for me - thank goodness.
Jilli is offline   Reply With Quote