Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2021, 08:40 PM   #1

Furrion Rear View Camera not Working

Hi folks..I have a 26 ft 2018 Jayco Eagle HT FW mated to a 2008 GMC 2500 Duramax truck. My Furrion rear view camera works great on it. Factory power source are the trailer lights. I have since purchased a new 2021 GMC 2500 Duramax truck, and pulling the same trailer. When I connected the camera with the new truck, my monitor in the truck shows “no source”. Can’t figure out why. Everything is connected the same as with the 2008 truck..any ideas?
Whammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #2

Have you verified that you have power to the camera? I saw a post recently where new owner had no power to the Pre-wired jack for the Furrion.
Lmbrjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #3

Yes there is power to both the camera and monitor. Distance between the two is the same as was on the 2008 truck
Old 03-23-2021, 08:44 AM   #4

FYI..got the answer I was looking for. Called Furrion..this is a known issue with 2021 GMC trucks. The new trucks are sending a modified 12v supply to the lights on the trailer. If the camera gets it power from the trailer lights, theres not enough amperage to operate the camera. The monitor will continue to show no signal. Furrion engineers are working on a fix. No timeline as yet. Customers will need to get on an email list with Furrion to be notified once a workaround has been engineered.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #5

Furrion camera fix!

I am in the same boat - '21 jayfeather 24BH and '21 gmc sierra denali. My cameras work fine connected to my `08 denali, when trailer is plugged into the new truck I see the blue lights on the camera but no pairing and i can hear buzzing coming from the cameras. After much troubleshooting and then a little searching online it's clear this is a known issue and furrion is trying for a new hitch plug fix to clean up gm's mess. In the meantime i solved the issue with relatively little effort or cost.

First i purchased a boost buck converter from amazon for 16 bucks (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNDGFT6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_S6HACEZJ1BZNB68186C8?_ encoding=UTF8&psc=1). I liked this one because it has a display and can be turned off. I ran a small guage wire from my battery to the converter input, then ran a small guage wire from the converter output to the wiring connection of one of my camera connections inside my basement. It was very easy to access by removing two screws. Then i swapped out the 2 wire quick connects with 3 wire quick connects and tied in the converter output to the camera wiring (which is basically the entire running lights circuit of the trailer. I set the buck converter to 12v and pretty low current, like 500mA. Also, there are 3 camera connections - two 12v and one negative. I just tied into the orange 12v wire and the negative, didn't change the brown with white stripe.

Now I just go into my basement and turn on the buck converter and it lights up the running lights and cameras. I can do this with or without the 7 pin connected to the truck. If the truck isn't connected my lights/cameras work solely off house battery. When the truck is connected the buck converter gives that little extra juice to power the cameras along with the lights. And since the truck is also supplying a charge to the house battery I'm not draining the house battery at all, just getting those electrons to the camera from the truck in a round-about way. The buck converter also provides over-current (fuse) protection so i don't cook something. The best part is this added voltage/current has no ill effects on the truck's trailer circuit diagnostics - it still tells me no faults detected.

I don't think I missed anything when going this route and it will be easy to remove when furrion has a more elegant solution. Hope this is useful to new truck owners from the general!
R43527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:38 AM   #6

If your camera location has the extra wire (mine was purple) that runs thru the roof to the command center you could get a constant 12v power from camper battery and then use a relay to pass that 12v to the camera. use (87a and 30 on the relay), using the marker light as the switched power (use 85 and 86 on the relay). Relays draw very little power to operate the switch. This would only work if you could hide the relay somewhere and be able to run the wires obviously. Also prob doesn’t need to be said but make sure the relay will work with the decreased power from the marker light that the GM supplies.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:47 PM   #7

Question Furrion camera fix

I like your fix, I have a Jayco 321 eagle and just upgraded from 2013 to 2021 GM so experiencing same prob. Any additional info on wiring? color of wires location of camera wiring in basement. Or a pic of what it looks like. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by R43527 View Post
I am in the same boat - '21 jayfeather 24BH and '21 gmc sierra denali. My cameras work fine connected to my `08 denali, when trailer is plugged into the new truck I see the blue lights on the camera but no pairing and i can hear buzzing coming from the cameras. After much troubleshooting and then a little searching online it's clear this is a known issue and furrion is trying for a new hitch plug fix to clean up gm's mess. In the meantime i solved the issue with relatively little effort or cost.

First i purchased a boost buck converter from amazon for 16 bucks (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNDGFT6...ing=UTF8&psc=1). I liked this one because it has a display and can be turned off. I ran a small guage wire from my battery to the converter input, then ran a small guage wire from the converter output to the wiring connection of one of my camera connections inside my basement. It was very easy to access by removing two screws. Then i swapped out the 2 wire quick connects with 3 wire quick connects and tied in the converter output to the camera wiring (which is basically the entire running lights circuit of the trailer. I set the buck converter to 12v and pretty low current, like 500mA. Also, there are 3 camera connections - two 12v and one negative. I just tied into the orange 12v wire and the negative, didn't change the brown with white stripe.

Now I just go into my basement and turn on the buck converter and it lights up the running lights and cameras. I can do this with or without the 7 pin connected to the truck. If the truck isn't connected my lights/cameras work solely off house battery. When the truck is connected the buck converter gives that little extra juice to power the cameras along with the lights. And since the truck is also supplying a charge to the house battery I'm not draining the house battery at all, just getting those electrons to the camera from the truck in a round-about way. The buck converter also provides over-current (fuse) protection so i don't cook something. The best part is this added voltage/current has no ill effects on the truck's trailer circuit diagnostics - it still tells me no faults detected.

I don't think I missed anything when going this route and it will be easy to remove when furrion has a more elegant solution. Hope this is useful to new truck owners from the general!
Tusche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #8

Like your fix but I’m not a technical as you are. With my luck, I would unintentionally fry something. Additionally I’m beginning to believe that Furrion really dosnt care about our dilemma. It has been 7 months since I bought the truck and reported the issue. It’s hard for me to believe it would take that long for a fix! Now I wish I’d never purchased this product
Old 04-05-2022, 08:20 PM   #9

Furrion cameras & late model GMCs

Here's info on boost buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R43527 View Post

First i purchased a boost buck converter from amazon for 16 bucks (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNDGFT6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_S6HACEZJ1BZNB68186C8?_ encoding=UTF8&psc=1). I liked this one because it has a display and can be turned off. I ran a small guage wire from my battery to the converter input, then ran a small guage wire from the converter output to the wiring connection of one of my camera connections inside my basement. It was very easy to access by removing two screws. Then i swapped out the 2 wire quick connects with 3 wire quick connects and tied in the converter output to the camera wiring (which is basically the entire running lights circuit of the trailer. I set the buck converter to 12v and pretty low current, like 500mA. Also, there are 3 camera connections - two 12v and one negative. I just tied into the orange 12v wire and the negative, didn't change the brown with white stripe.

Tusche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 12:14 PM   #10

Furrion Adapter plug for new trucks

Look up part number F2BC004XXBK at Furrion or etrailer. This is the fix from Furrion to support low voltage output from new trucks. 52.00 from Furrion and 99 and change from etrailer. Took about 3 days to arrive from Furrion direct.
Jaegerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:36 PM   #11

I received my Furion Camera 7-Way adapter cable with power switch # F2BC001XXBK last week. I have a GMC 2021 Sierra 3500 Denali and today I connected it to my Jayco 355mbqs which came pre-installed with the Furion Vision S rear camera and side view cameras. Once I switched the headlights from auto to manual ON, the cameras finally sent video to the monitor. I am happy Furion was finally able to come up with a fix to this GMC running light voltage problem.
Joedh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedh2 View Post
I received my Furion Camera 7-Way adapter cable with power switch # F2BC001XXBK last week. I have a GMC 2021 Sierra 3500 Denali and today I connected it to my Jayco 355mbqs which came pre-installed with the Furion Vision S rear camera and side view cameras. Once I switched the headlights from auto to manual ON, the cameras finally sent video to the monitor. I am happy Furion was finally able to come up with a fix to this GMC running light voltage problem.
Furion side and back cameras on my truck work good with just the running lights on. I just have the 5" monitor suctioned cupped to the windshield.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote