Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #1

GoPower solar support

I want to give Go Power support a HUGE shout out on GREAT customer service.

The controller on a 120W portable unit (suitcase) recently had the function buttons just fall out and never to be seen again. Leaving me with no way to toggle thru the various functions.

I got ahold of Go Power support and relayed my tale of woes.
The CS agent asked for a photo of the unit.
When I told him the unit was 250 miles from me and in storage, he said "No problem, just send us the receipt. (Amazon)
The receipt showed still within a 5 year controller warranty

At first, GoPower said a replacement unit would be sent out within 2 working days.
I asked if they could overnight it to the shipping address, due to tight time constraints of a friend, who would bring it down and I was ready to pay them for overnight.
No problem the CS agent say....we will get it out today and send FedX overnight. Super. And they never mentioned me having to pay for upgraded FedX overnight.

In one email, I relayed the ship to address (not my address) for a friend to ferry the controller to my current location in Mexico.
Well, they missed that address and shipped it to the address on the Amazon receipt..Las Vegas
I called the same CS agent and ran down the snafu.
No problem that agent says......and don't bother shipping that one back. The shipping costs involved are not worth it. Just keep it as a spare.

He said, I will get another unit out to you today and overnight it to the updated shipping address.
Bingo....the next day my friend confirmed the receipt of a Go Power package.

Customer service second to none.
Great job Go Power.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:52 PM   #2

How do you like the set up and does it suit your off the grid needs?
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet & Marie View Post
How do you like the set up and does it suit your off the grid needs?
Greatest purchase I have ever made...…

120W unit keeps 2 6v Trojans always topped off.

In the morning, after an evening of marathon episodes of Blue Bloods on a TV, the panel zaps in 3-6 amps and the batts are 100% in just an hour or so.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:33 PM   #4

Thank you red snapper. I am going to call them in the AM. I have a series 24 12v battery and think the 120 suitcase will be just what I want.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

You may want to check prices. To some it doesn't matter but to me it does. Renogy is about half price of GoPower and is just as good. I have both, both serve me well. I guess I have just learned to be more frugal.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #6

Thanks for the info Racin. I will check them out. I am Scottish and dearly love to save a $.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #7

Came across a Samlex M135 that our local RV dealers sells. 135 amp portable kit complete for $425 on sale. A bit bigger than originally looking for but solid warranty and I like buying local whenever I can.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:16 AM   #8

Echoing the original post about customer support at Go Power: I had an issue with the controller I purchased, and they were fantastic about assisting me (and in this case, providing a replacement unit without any complications or issues).

Also, their pre-sales support was excellent too, timely, accurate, and useful.
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:06 PM   #9

What kind of plug adapter did you get? I understand the Go Power and Renogy use different plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
You may want to check prices. To some it doesn't matter but to me it does. Renogy is about half price of GoPower and is just as good. I have both, both serve me well. I guess I have just learned to be more frugal.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #10

Connector info

The connectors for the Go Power! panels and kits are MC4.

I can't speak to all of the Renogy kits, but I found through a quick search some kits that also used MC4 (though this should be verified before purchase if this is a factor).

(Note, the prewire on my 2018 Alante was 8 gauge to an MC4 roof junction. Many kits only provide 10 gauge wires, so that is a plus from Jayco.)
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
What kind of plug adapter did you get? I understand the Go Power and Renogy use different plugs?
Renogy uses MC4 connectors on their kits and panels and on their suitcases you also get a set of alligator clips with MC4 connectors. They also sell an MC4 to Anderson adapter so you can plug into the cheesy little Anderson plug on the “Solar Ready” campers.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote