Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #1

Hotspot printing?

Has anyone successfully connected a printer to a hotspot? I just got a Verizon iPhone with a hot spot. I bought an hp deskjet 3752. When I couldn’t connect I called HP. The person I spoke to really didn’t understand what a hot spot was and just said no they can’t connect. Anyone know if they can connect? TIA
shewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm shooting from the hip here as I've never connected a printer to an IOS device. However, I have connected WiFi printers directly to Windows devices. The only way I see the possibility of a printer being connected to an iPhone is either by WiFi or bluetooth. If your printer has neither of those capabilities, I don't think it's going to happen.

Do you know if your Personal Hotspot is setup on your iPhone? I've always had to call the wireless carrier to have the feature turned on before I could use it.

With an iPhone, I would think you would also have to have some kind of APP installed before you could print. Check the Apple Store and search on the printer's make/model/etc. to see if something exists.

Try an online search for your printer. I'll bet there's already some information out there that could be helpful in resolving your issue.

Good luck!

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #3

Hook your printer up to your hotspot using WPS (auto wifi detection). I use Google Cloud Print but this may not be available to your IPhone. I'm sure Apple or HP has a cloud printing service you can use to print with.

FYI, that printer is cloud ready.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

You need to find a printer that's "Airprint" capable. We have an Epson XP-6000. Works very well.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #5

The support person you talked to at HP was inept. Call again and hopefully talk to someone more capable. Your printer is Airprint ready as is your phone.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #6

Watch this you tube vid from HP. It may help, search function is a wonderful thing.

twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:52 AM   #7

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I am able to print now but I can’t use the hot spot. That’s really not a problem. I think the printer I bought has to have a connection to a certain type of router. It’s all good. You guys are the best! Thanks again.
shewren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot spot, printer, printing, working on the road