Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #1

Octane 161 Charge Controller Sticker In Wrong Spot

I just purchased my first RV and was super pumped to install solar. I purchased a 2020 Octane 161 that was just refreshed in August. It came solar prepped ready to go. On the inside to the right of the fridge is a sticker with the Go Power solar controller image and a template to cut to install that exact model and verbiage that says all wiring located behind this sticker. I purchased the exact model charge controller that’s on the sticker because I don’t plan on running more than 200 watts. So I cut along the template dotted lines and come to my surprise there’s two studs and the black tank vent tube right behind the sticker with no wiring at all. They placed the sticker in the wrong spot from factory! I had another issue that I had to take it back to the dealer for and while it was there they were going to contact jayco to figure out where the solar prep is wired on the inside. It has now been a week and no word back from jayco. I also tried to contact jayco and I am Still waiting on a reply. I can’t imagine it’s in a different spot than the previous modelS so I’m looking for some assistance where the charge controller is actually supposed to go and where the wires are ran. Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
399585B1-4B48-457F-AC29-F64F93F05257.jpg  
Njcastillo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njcastillo86 View Post
It has now been a week and no word back from jayco. I also tried to contact jayco and I am Still waiting on a reply. I can’t imagine it’s in a different spot than the previous modelS so I’m looking for some assistance where the charge controller is actually supposed to go and where the wires are ran. Thanks for any help!
I would call and not rely on an email alone. They may have to go through a 1,000 emails before they get to your's.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #3

Call and be prepared minimum wait time I have had is 25 minutes to speak with a service coordinator. Max was 52 minutes Not the call centre phone call taker but an actual service person

YMMV
RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #4

I called waited on hold for 45 min and all they had to say is they see my dealer requesting info off my vin and someone would get back to me. I wanna get it installed but looks like I’m stuck waiting.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #5

Jayco emailed me the correct location where the sticker was supposed to be placed. Mine was placed to the left of the bathroom, they sent me a photo of it placed to the right of the bathroom which is where I’ve seen it on walk thru videos. I cut a small test hole and used a snake camera to look inside interior wall before I cut the hole for the controller. The whole wall from stud left to right and up and down there is no pre ran wires for the solar controller. No one can tell me what happened. The roof mount solar prep is there so I’m assuming someone had to run wires off that but no one knows to where. Stuck waiting for a answer. If anyone has seen this issue any help would be appreciated or if anyone has a octane that was manufactured August 2020 and comes across this post I would double check everything before you continue with install.

Tags
octane 161, solar charge controller, solar controller, solar power, solar ready