Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2018, 10:37 AM   #1

Refrigerator no power

I have a 2016 Jayco Feather Lite Hybrid. We were getting it ready to go camping this weekend, plugged it in and the refrigerator is not working. It worked fine the last time we went. It will not turn on electrically or with propane. We've checked the breakers, fuses and the GFCI and all are good and the refrigerator shows no power. Any ideas on what else to check?
gurleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #2

I believe all the fridge temp controls, propane ignition, indicator light, and the inside light are 12v.

How is your battery?
Is your trailer plugged into 'shore' power?
Is this the second time you've used the trailer? How long have you had it?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

Plugged into a brand new 30 amp plug at the house. Tried plugging into a generator as well. Batteries are brand new Optima batteries and are fully charged. We bought this camper brand new 2 years ago and have used it multiple times. The last was over a long 4th of July weekend and it worked fine.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurleski View Post
I have a 2016 Jayco Feather Lite Hybrid. We were getting it ready to go camping this weekend, plugged it in and the refrigerator is not working. It worked fine the last time we went. It will not turn on electrically or with propane. We've checked the breakers, fuses and the GFCI and all are good and the refrigerator shows no power. Any ideas on what else to check?
My Son is borrowing my 1999 Jayco RV, class C. He plugged in power last night to cool fridge. He said it sounded like it was on but didn’t cool. He had it on a not level driveway. Will this be cause of it not cooling?
Hazel1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #5

Don’t shoot me for this but have you reset the breakers on the house. You said it is a new service so one breaker or leg may not be supply power to the trailer. This throws you off because so much of 5he trailer is working fine.
Not knowing which fridge but when you are trying to use the propane do you have a read out on the control panel. That will give is something to guess on. Taking at face value of what you are saying it appears you have no 12 volts to the unit.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel1952 View Post
My Son is borrowing my 1999 Jayco RV, class C. He plugged in power last night to cool fridge. He said it sounded like it was on but didn’t cool. He had it on a not level driveway. Will this be cause of it not cooling?
Absolutely although you should be able to be as much as 5 degrees some units are more sensitive. Have him level the the MH . The freezer will cool first so that is where he should check. I highly recommend we all buy a laser thermometer they give good quick indications to help troubleshoot
Old 08-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #7

He checked that and then tried our propane generator to validate there was nothing wrong with the plug and it wouldn't work on it either. I believe it is a Dometic brand. There is no power showing to it.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #8

Time to check that you have both AC 120 volts and 12 volts DC at the back of the refrigerator. This will indicate what needs to be troubleshoot.
Does your unit have an indicator panel on the door, where you chose auto LP or AC?
Old 08-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #9

Yes it does. We normally keep it on auto, but he tried moving it to electric and then to propane. Nothing.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #10

Are you saying you have a read out panel? When you turn the fridge on it looks for AC and LP are you saying it chooses AC but does not cool. No error codes.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #11

Do you have a battery disconnect that may be turned off
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #12

That's the normal, but right now its not showing any power or any lights or anything.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #13

Not that I'm aware of, I will have to ask my husband. But I know he checked the batteries and everything else that runs on battery when the camper isn't plugged in works.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #14

Check out this video, could be the fuse on the control board.

https://youtu.be/8DKhEl5ReuM
Old 08-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #15

Apparently he checked those as well and both fuses were good. It's not working on LPG either.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #16

If we have both AC and DC power measured in the unit we know it most likely has to be loss of DC control on my NorCold I would have a low DC error in that case but you have no indication of power so most likely your control board is bad. Not having a manual can’t be the best help on how the dc control circuits are. Give Dometic tech services a call they may help you out and your refridge May still be covered under the manufactures warrantee.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #17

Found this on another forum, it was a Dometic with similar symptoms, no power, no lights, he could bypass the board and the frig worked, swapped the main board no luck. Then he did the following and it is fixed, maybe similar, maybe not. This is what he said.

So i have identified the issue. There is a second control board where the LED panel is. That board was dead. Replaced the upper control board and fridge powered back up. I don't know if this is common or not. I know every tech I talked to was sure it was the circuit board on the back of the fridge.

I would pop that panel off with a screwdriver and locate the part number on the back, Amazon sells them and you can probably do one day shipping and have it tomorrow, great thing about Amazon is that doesn't fix it they will take it back. Looks like a quick couple minute fix.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #18

It shows that it has no power whatsoever. It doesn't even do that.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #19

Do any of the lights work on the LED panel
Old 08-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #20

None. We were looking for a reset button, but it was dark outside and we didn't find it. I did see on a dometic blog that there actually is a reset button. There was someone having the same issues and called a repair man who showed her where it was. Once she hit reset it worked. My husband is going to look to see if he finds one and try it when he gets home from work. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.