Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2021, 10:28 PM   #1

Repair Water Pump For Less Than $10.

My SHURflo model 4008-101-A65 on demand water pump had been acting up. On my many trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night (old man bladder), I can hear the pump pulse intermittently after I return to bed since the pump is directly below me. This can go on for some time with just a single pulse now and then. I assumed it had a small leak somewhere and would cause the pressure to keep dropping but could never find one.

Well, the pump finally quit pumping (naturally right in the middle of a nightly visit to the pot). No more pump operation. Groan.

I decided to troubleshoot the pump. I ohmed out the control switch and indeed it was wide open. I believe this switch is somewhat underrated for the constant pulsing action that these pumps sometimes do when turned on to a low flow. After I removed the switch and exercised it a bit, I was able to measure resistive contacts which may have been causing my intermittent pulse.

The repair consisted of removing the switch block (3 screws) and popping the assembly open. I used a box cutter to pop it open. Very easy! Popped out the old switch and popped in the new one. A true no brainer.

You can order a complete switch housing assembly for twice the price but it is not needed as replacing the micro switch is a breeze.

Found a link to a repair YouTube (below) which worked great for me. For only $10 I got 2 new switches from Amazon, threw in one and kept the other. Easy peasy.

Here is a link to a YouTube repair video.

Attached Thumbnails
Water Pump.JPG   Water Pump 2.JPG   Water Pump 3.JPG   20211012_160219.jpg   20211012_160157.jpg  

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:17 PM   #2

Excellent Jim!!!

Mine too will go "brrrt!" for short bursts in the middle of the night. I too thought it was a leak somewhere.

I'll save this one off!
thanks!!