Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
No disrespect, and I get your point. Mine was that non-inverters are louder, hence cheaper. To each his own as long as you’re not camping next to me.
Yep, everyone makes their own choices based on their own preferences. Those "open frame" style generators upset me greatly with their noise, so maybe I'm sensitive or something, but I wouldn't own one. Absolutely they are less expensive and work wonderfully. Heck, even Honda makes them if you like Red stuff.

Enjoying this conversation a lot, always cool to hear how other people approach these common issues.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:59 PM   #42

Okay I might have a dumb question, but I'm done wondering about it and have to ask. It sounds like with the Micro-Air easy start installed to a 15k AC unit we are able to run that AC with a Honda/Yamaha 2000. So are you using a 50 amp to 15 amp cable adapter to plug into the generator and powering the TT that way?
Old 08-31-2018, 10:30 PM   #43

I did exactly that but with my yamaha 2400is.

I also tested running both of my ac’s with a 30amp to 50 amp and my igen4500.

My mach 15’s only draw about 12amps each after the micro airs were installed and my igen can do 30 amps continuous

This also works with a regular 30 amp shore power connection using a 30-50 adapter
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:15 PM   #44

I think Im going to go with one from Costco strictly due to their return policy. Now need to decide between the Champion 3100 duel fuel or 2 A-ipower 2000s. Price is basically the same $850 to $900. No matter what it sounds like getting the microair easy start is a smart thing to do as well. I believe the predator 3500 is on sale for $699 as well, just not familiar with Harbor Freights return policy.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:18 AM   #45

I think for just the $150 to $200 difference I would go Champion or Honda. Champion seems to really being aggressive and progressive in Gens. Honda is a long standing top end Gen. I like the idea with two Honda's you have the option of running just one Honda if possible at times..........great fuel saving option.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:04 AM   #46

I would recommend checking out the igen4500 you can get it through home depot if you are concerned about the return policy.

I got mine because it can run everything and will run for upto 21 hours on 3.4 gallons.

It fits under my tanneu cover while secured in my truck bed.

It comes with a wireless remote, wheels, retractable handle, weighs about 100lbs, digital monitoring panel.

It has more power than 2 hondas,is quieter, has a 3 year warranty, and cost 950.
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:03 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
I think for just the $150 to $200 difference I would go Champion or Honda. Champion seems to really being aggressive and progressive in Gens. Honda is a long standing top end Gen. I like the idea with two Honda's you have the option of running just one Honda if possible at times..........great fuel saving option.
Yeah I'm leaning more toward the Hondas. I can get a brand new EU2200i on OfferUp right now for $650. The only problem after that is finding a similar deal on a companion model. Does anyone know if there's a parallel cable kit that comes with a 30 amp outlet if someone only had two of the EU2200I models? Just wondering in case I was able to get a second EU2200I for $650 as well.
PhillyPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmopilot View Post
I would recommend checking out the igen4500 you can get it through home depot if you are concerned about the return policy.

I got mine because it can run everything and will run for upto 21 hours on 3.4 gallons.

It fits under my tanneu cover while secured in my truck bed.

It comes with a wireless remote, wheels, retractable handle, weighs about 100lbs, digital monitoring panel.

It has more power than 2 hondas,is quieter, has a 3 year warranty, and cost 950.
The weight is what bothers me about the bigger units. I was pretty settled on the Champion or Predator last night, but there's really no easy way to move these around if needed.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan View Post
The weight is what bothers me about the bigger units. I was pretty settled on the Champion or Predator last night, but there's really no easy way to move these around if needed.
For me the weight would be a huge factor (stenosis, scoliosis, 2 herniated one ruptured disc)
The Champion I would have to figure out a semi stationary spot I could transport and use w/out moving it...........while with the Honda's it would still be a challenge but a definite "can-do"
Old 09-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #50

Picked up two brand new Honda EU2200i's today off of OFFERUP for $1300 total, so $650 each. I couldn't pass it up. None of them are a companion so I just have to find a parallel cable with a 30 amp connector on it. Found a couple to choose from.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kipo...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.campingworld.com/sportsm...parallel-cable
Old 09-02-2018, 05:40 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan View Post
Picked up two brand new Honda EU2200i's today off of OFFERUP for $1300 total, so $650 each. I couldn't pass it up. None of them are a companion so I just have to find a parallel cable with a 30 amp connector on it. Found a couple to choose from.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kipo...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.campingworld.com/sportsm...parallel-cable

I just want to tell you that I had never heard of Offerup until I read your post. I searched a few minutes ago and sure enough there are new EU2200i available in my area for $750. Not the $650 you were able to score, but much lower than any dealer in my area.

I'm not ready to buy a generator today, but thanks for putting me on to a new way to shop!
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
I just want to tell you that I had never heard of Offerup until I read your post. I searched a few minutes ago and sure enough there are new EU2200i available in my area for $750. Not the $650 you were able to score, but much lower than any dealer in my area.

I'm not ready to buy a generator today, but thanks for putting me on to a new way to shop!
The cool thing about Offerup is you don't have to pay them what they list it for. You could offer them a different price and see if they accept it all from the app. The guy I bought from listed it for $799, so I offered him $650 and he accepted it.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #53

That is pretty awesome!