Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2020, 07:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Texan View Post
Anybody else out there having issues with their Schwintek slide outs?
Schwintek slides are crap. Had a problem with my bedroom slide. Brand new fifth wheel 700 miles away from home moving from one state to another and the bedroom slide decided to stay out. Called a mobile rv mechanic and $700 later he showed me how to hot wire the system to get the slide in. That was back in July, still dealing with the issue. Luckily it’s under still under warranty.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #22

My Schwintek kitchen slide had to be replace two months ago. Motor also replaced. Hope to dispose of this RV before the end of my warranty.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:38 PM   #23

Ours was stopping about a foot after it started retracting. I’d push it as hard as I could and after about 6 inches and it would start and go all the way in. Never had an issue when it was extending.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:17 AM   #24

Slide out issues

We have had the same issues with the Stove/refrig/pantry slide out in our 30.5ckts. Replacing the motor, and controller. Rv has been in the shop since the beginning of September. Had issues with that slide out sine we purchased in June.
Chinokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:40 AM   #25

When we picked up our 30.5ckts that we took in for repair, it had only been about 4 days. The technician that didi the work told me that the motors had gotten out of sync, which he had taken care of. He showed me how to do a re-sync in case it happened again. His instructions were a little different from what the manual calls for, but it worked. He also told us he was not a fan of Schwintek slide systems, especially on the heavy kitchen slide! Said they are usually ok on lighter slides, such as one with a bed on it, or a sofa. Oh well, it is what it is. Hope you have better luck going forward!
Old 11-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #26

2019 330RSTS Schwintek

I just returned my kitchen slide to dealer after they had to send mobile guy to my home due to motor #1 coming unplugged (again).

After reading this entire article, I'm going to have to cut my losses and sell this thing even though it's paid for. The aggravation/worry about getting stuck somewhere is more than I want to tolerate. A little angel told me not to buy this thing but it was so nice a floor plan. I see nothing but trouble coming down the road and now that I'm a loner, don't need all the comforts to make spouse happy.

Tricked this thing out and made changes to be more useable but don't want to rebuild the entire trailer I've never made a leisure trip with.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #27
DLJ

Schwintek Slide issues

We had the same issues on our 2019 Eagle 321 rsts. Tried most of the suggestions mentioned above the best advise is to REALLY sync the motors. I thought I WAS doing that but not the correct way. Every 4-6 times I bring in the kitchen slide, I stop approx. 8"-12" (before it has a chance to hang up). Then, in and out AT LEAST FOUR (4) TIMES to make sure it is truly sync'd. This seems to have worded for us. Good luck and happy camping.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:36 PM   #28

Our North Point has 3 different slide mechanisms. Bedroom is Schwintek, Dinette/Recliners has electric/ rack and pinion through the frame, and the kitchen is Slim Rack. It's as if Jayco is experimenting to see which one is more reliable. We know Schwintek is most problematic. I'm wondering what the recommended load rating is for the electric through the frame as opposed to the Slim Rack. Definitely less weight in the dinette slide.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote