Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #1

stereo receiver replacement - cameras & speaker zones?

Hi all!

We were told nothing was changing between 2018 and 2019 and were unpleasantly surprised to find the Garmin Fusion was replaced with a $180 Soundstream receiver in our 2019 29MV, which we immediately hated and continue to hate (the receiver, not the RV).

Am hoping someone else has gone down this road before us and can speak to some of these issues?

Not getting much info from stereo shops other than "check with the manufacturer for install info" because of the following concerns:

- multi-zone speaker control (I believe there are 3 zones: 1) cab; 2) coach; 3) exterior) which may necessitate an external switch
- if there are Jayco-installed amps to control the speaker zones, what are their specs?
- is there a video adapter separate from the head unit to control the 3 cameras?

Not sure if we're going to attempt this ourselves or take it to BestBuy or a stereo shop for install, just trying to find a receiver that meets our wants at this point: Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, XM, Bluetooth - maybe a tilt screen to make it more visible to the driver and reduce glare?

Thank you in advance!
a1i50n is offline   Reply With Quote