Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2020, 10:55 PM   #21

Also that empty cavity at the end of the kitchen cabinets, it's an access for the awning and light wires to exit the side of the rig. Those wires run under the bottom of that cabinet set above the entrance door. There's plenty of room there for the taking if you want to run back in to the rig and down below with all the other cable sets. You could power a motion sensing light or a security camera etc mounted outside of that location.

Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:30 PM   #22

I made a brief stop by the rig again and attempted to get the fish rod all the way to the front, and down the center with the rest of the cable bundle. I used my John Wick sheer determination and a small prybar between ceiling panels to look up in to the cab and see which way the rod was pointing. I also used the prybar to move the rod over at the correct angle to get there.

Once I head what sounded like the metal end of the rod scraping down the front curve, I went to the hole in the cabinet with a coat hanger and made the bends I thought would angle UP and left/right and allow me to snag the rod. In a very short amount of time I could tell I had something solid and when pulling back the hanger saw the yellow rod with my own two eyes!

OK so now how to get a cable on a rod I can't pull back through a hole or risk losing it off the hanger and doing over again? EASY - I used a zip tie and bent bent bent the end like a hook and looped behind the rod and grabbed with needle nosed pliers. Then I tied the paracord to the zip tie and cinched it down real good.

With nominal efforts and some entanglements I was able to get the paracord all the way out of my pilot hole in the ceiling!! So yea me.

Next I'll attempt to pull the 5 antenna cables, 4 ethernet cables and some zip cord back to the front and in to the TV cabinet.

Attached Thumbnails
20200714_151824-small.jpg   20200714_151405-small.jpg   20200714_151334-small.jpg   20200714_151513-small.jpg  
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote