Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
kipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Eastern Pa
Posts: 173
I put lithium grease on my brake pads , that way they dont wear they just slip , , I dont need an exhaust brake , I Fred Flintstone it , I cut holes in my floor and drag my feet .Works great , but we forgot to put Trixie , our (God rest her soul) Chihuahua in her cage and while driving on Interstate 95 south she must have seen a shiny object and jumped out , but I saved 50 bucks on a set of brake pads .
__________________

__________________
Kipper
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
DuraMAX's come factory with a drive line brake IF the tow/haul mode is engaged. Very similar to an exhaust brake...

REAL TRUCKS HAVE 8 LUGNUTS..
__________________

__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
av8arkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 224
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
DuraMAX's come factory with a drive line brake IF the tow/haul mode is engaged. Very similar to an exhaust brake...

REAL TRUCKS HAVE 8 LUGNUTS..
Now they have exhaust brakes too!
__________________
Stephen & Lori
Jordan (Our daughter)
Kitty & Elmore (Our 2 dumped cats)
Adopt a shelter pet!

2009 Jayco Designer 37RLQS
2011 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4 Dually
20K Curt Q5 hitch
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #24
Site Team
 
Denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mostly the US
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
DW needs an exhaust brake or something on her 08 Chrysler T&C van. Frt brake pads gone at 32,000 miles, rear nearly gone at 36,000. Never saw brakes die so young, they eat brake pads fast, hubcaps stay black from dust.


-Lee

We are pretty fortunate I guess.... Our 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring just went in for new tires and the 90k mile service. We have never had our brakes changed out and they currently have over 50% left on front and rears. This includes about 15k miles towing our little 17' Casita. We tend to be conservative drivers though
__________________
moderator
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #25
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post

We are pretty fortunate I guess.... Our 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring just went in for new tires and the 90k mile service. We have never had our brakes changed out and they currently have over 50% left on front and rears. This includes about 15k miles towing our little 17' Casita. We tend to be conservative drivers though
Honda and Toyota make very good quality vans, no doubt about that. I think that`s part of the reason you are getting such good brake service. I bought this one slightly used when Chrysler was on the verge of bankruptcy and nobody wanted one and got a steal. (plus it was what the DW wanted with the rear DVD system) But I should have checked their forums to see about all the brake and other problems first. You would think getting brakes right would not be rocket science in the 21st century.
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Honda and Toyota make very good quality vans, no doubt about that. I think that`s part of the reason you are getting such good brake service. I bought this one slightly used when Chrysler was on the verge of bankruptcy and nobody wanted one and got a steal. (plus it was what the DW wanted with the rear DVD system) But I should have checked their forums to see about all the brake and other problems first. You would think getting brakes right would not be rocket science in the 21st century.
So upgrade them... SSB corp makes better quality disk brakes, calipers, and drilled and slotted rotors... Like I am fond of saying Whoa is more important than go.....
__________________

__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« - | Tow Vehicle tires »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.