Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
Great pics and memories. The grandkids look happy!
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,325
Hey Gang..... I just got the fridge fan from e-bay and want to do the mod, (this will be my first one, woohoo!). I will need to do the snake the wire down or next to the drain tube thing.

What gauge wire do you suggest, or does it make any difference?

Thanks, Gerard
__________________

__________________
2017 Some Other Brand (SOB)
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B (She Gone)
2014 Ford Expedition
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 68
From everything I have read about the PUGS - they seem great. I am just getting accessoried-out with camping and our new TT. $ add up fast - even after the purchase and the additional tools, and equipment needed. Plus, the bed ends are already a concern with leaking, closing properly, etc. - I just don't want another add-on right now. I want to experience the TT as is to see how it feels. The 100 degree heat wasn't an issue with the air on this summer. The Fall might be different with the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhdoc View Post
Congratulations on the grandson and the trailer. The PUGS are a very good product.

Campin' Muds what are your concerns about attaching the PUGS to the bunkends? Using reflextix or PUG's bunkend liners (you can use them on the outside of the bunkeds too) will help reduce heat on the sides of the trailer. The Solar Covers do much more to keep the bunkends cooler. Most of the heat enters through the "roof" of the bunkend, not the sides. I have used the Solar Bunkend covers for many years and have not had any damage to my campers (1999 Coleman/Fleetwood Nevada and my 2010 Jayco 17Z). I close the bunkend with the covers on and only remove the covers to clean them.
__________________
2012 X23B
'08 Ford Sport Trac Ltd. V8
Voyager BC
Equal-izer 6K
Campin' Muds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin' Muds View Post
$ add up fast - even after the purchase and the additional tools, and equipment needed. :
This statement is so true as I'm finding out fast!!

It was in the triple digits when we were on our first camping trip and we found that keeping the bunk end curtains closed, helped quite a bit. Then when the sun went down and started to cool down the A/C did a good job!
__________________
2017 Some Other Brand (SOB)
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B (She Gone)
2014 Ford Expedition
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,008
Way to go G'paw! Teh pic of your 5 yo supervising your "doin the nasty" is priceless.
We love our X23B. Planning our 2nd trip to a local Jellystone w/ our 5 yo G'son later this month.
In the heat we find keeping the drapes closed helps the A/C keep up a little better. We pull our 23 with our '03 Expedition. Just bought a '13 Explorer and looked into getting the tow option but I thought it was a little too close to the weight limit so I gave it a miss. The PUG's will be a great purchase as others have already noted.
We initially went shopping for a PUP and I took a look at a similar hybrid and thought "hey if I buy one of these I can spend more $$$". Best of both worlds.
The additional $$ for all the stuff you need is too true. I found that the TT took the first 90% of the budget and the "stuff" you need to equip it takes the other 90% of the budgtet. :hihi:
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Way to go G'paw! Teh pic of your 5 yo supervising your "doin the nasty" is priceless.
We love our X23B. Planning our 2nd trip to a local Jellystone w/ our 5 yo G'son later this month.
In the heat we find keeping the drapes closed helps the A/C keep up a little better. We pull our 23 with our '03 Expedition. Just bought a '13 Explorer and looked into getting the tow option but I thought it was a little too close to the weight limit so I gave it a miss. The PUG's will be a great purchase as others have already noted.
We initially went shopping for a PUP and I took a look at a similar hybrid and thought "hey if I buy one of these I can spend more $$$". Best of both worlds.
The additional $$ for all the stuff you need is too true. I found that the TT took the first 90% of the budget and the "stuff" you need to equip it takes the other 90% of the budgtet. :hihi:
Hey thanks Red!! Would you believe he actually volunteered to help? His daddy has a travel trailer and he has helped his dad before. So he thought he could show me how to do it!

I like the idea of the PUGS, but without trying to offend anyone, I can't get over the "dorky" look of them! I think they take away from the looks of the TT, but that's just my 2 pennies.

I thought the Explorer did a pretty good job of towing it back home. I had a full loasd of passengers, luggage, ran the A/C at full blast and drove in over-drive. All the while the temp gauge did not budge and the rpm's were around 3,000 to 3200. I'm not planning any cross country trips, just stayin' pretty close to home.
__________________
2017 Some Other Brand (SOB)
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B (She Gone)
2014 Ford Expedition
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
2edgesword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 284
Congrats grandpa on the new addition! I hope you have many opportunites to build wonderful memories camping with the grandkids.
__________________
2012 KZ Spree Escape E204S
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.8L, 3.23
Yamaha 2400ishc
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
Congrats grandpa on the new addition! I hope you have many opportunites to build wonderful memories camping with the grandkids.
Thanks!

I can't wait for this oppressive heat to cool so we can get out again!
__________________
2017 Some Other Brand (SOB)
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B (She Gone)
2014 Ford Expedition
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
2edgesword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Thanks!

I can't wait for this oppressive heat to cool so we can get out again!
My wife would sympathize with you. She is in Oklahoma visit some of the grandkids and when I called her today she said was over 110!
__________________
2012 KZ Spree Escape E204S
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.8L, 3.23
Yamaha 2400ishc
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I like the idea of the PUGS, but without trying to offend anyone, I can't get over the "dorky" look of them! I think they take away from the looks of the TT, but that's just my 2 pennies.
Yeah, you're right about that but I think the bene's outweigh the "dorkyness". They will not only keep the bunks a little cooler in the hot weather but a little warmer in the cool weather (if we ever gat any again). You're also protecting the tent-ends from the sun, tree sap and bird "sap". I plan to cut some reflectix panels for the bunk windows for the insulation and light filtering. I've already cut reflectix covers for the glass windows for storage (they're held up with velcro). Dorky? Definitely, but I like being uncomfortable even less.
I'm also a huge fan of the Maxx Air vent cover as are many of the other posters here. We leave the bath vent open at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Would you believe he actually volunteered to help?.
To be sure! Our G'son is also 5 and I can't imagine even attempting that without his supervision.
__________________

__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.