Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #1

No Power to Pre-Wired Backup Camera

My 2018 X23E is supposed to be pre-wired for the Furion backup camera, however there does not seem to be any power going to the plug in the housing. Found this out after installing the Furion camera. The camera itself is functional, as it powered up when I plugged it into the pigtail on the power cord for the monitor. When plugged into the plug in the housing at the rear, it’s shoes not get any power.

I did have the trailer plugged into my truck, and headlights were on. All fuses are good.

Any ideas that don’t involve me removing the camera housing; am trying to avoid causing any leaks or doing anything that could void my warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
Pyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:40 PM   #2

Perhaps Take it to the dealer. Bish’s in Meridian got me in the next day to discover my solar power Wired for Solar wasn’t hooked up correctly (simply not connected to battery) and fixed it under warranty. Apparently these things get overlooked.
Leedillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #3

It has it's own fuse near the transmitter which should be near the front of the trailer. On our PINNACLE it was in a front cabinet.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #4

Maybe there is a workaround. I got a tiny WIFI backup Camera from Amazon.
Took off the center rear marker light, wired it to that light (positive and negative) filed a tiny round hole in the bottom for the wire, and then slipped the backup camera metal foot/mount under the light, screwed it all down, and then siliconed it up, re-sealing the light also.

How does this help? Well I have a switch on my dash for lights. I just turn on the running lights manually. The camera boots in about 35 seconds, and I connect with my phone and view.

Mind you the lag is bad, so if I am close to anything, I creep and stop, creep, stop. Since it is no where near real time.

But I can park the thing about 3" from anything without getting out of the truck. The real key is just seeing anything that might be back there that I missed. I don't really use it like a vehicle backup camera.
bwft57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. The rear marker lights on my X23E are flush mount LED's and I'm not sure I want to mess around with them. I'm probably going to make an appointment with dealer and have them take care of it.
Pyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #6

We had the same problem with our 2018 x17z. It was pre-wired, we hooked up the camera, turned the lights on and wanted to pair it with the little back up screen. No power, keep in mind its over 110 in Arizona and so was my temper lol. It turns out that even though it was pre wired, Jayco never tested it. One of the crimp connections was not making contact on the y connection terminal from the camera mount to the wire harness. I took off the cover, lightly pulled on the wires until the connection came out. I opened up the connection, pulled the insulation back abit and re connected the the wires and voila, I had a back up camera. Its kind of long winded but I hope this helps. Not sure how far the dealer is from you but you can check it easily enough with a ladder and a #2 phillips screwdriver
Tree Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote