Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #1

Replacing BBQ with a stove on 23B

I am looking to replace the outside BBQ with a stove on my 2016 23B. I have found some Wedgewood stoves for sale online. This is the same style 3 burner stove most pop up's had that hook outside. I would love to cook outside instead of inside like I did in my POP Up days. My question is does anyone know if the trailers regulator is at a setting that would work with the stove? To me the Stove & BBQ seem similar in gas usage, but never checked if a different regulator or setting is needed.

1996 Jayco 1007 (sold)

2016 Jayco X23B
Krazyboutcampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #2

What model Wedgewood? I'm looking to do the same. Thanks.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #3

If it is made for a pu, to go in a nod out, then it was designed to be regulated at the tantalizing, and not at the stove. It should be easy to do.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
If it is made for a pu, to go in a nod out, then it was designed to be regulated at the tantalizing, and not at the stove. It should be easy to do.
??
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #5

Any more info on that stove you were interested in getting? We have discussed the same thing for our 23B...
Silverbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:12 AM   #6

I have not found anything that is new that seemed that would work. SO I started thinking about has great the stove was on our pop up. I started looking online for a used one. That is the route I am following. I hope to pick it up today and start working on adapting it to the 23B. I will try to take some pics later and post, once I figure it out.

1996 Jayco 1007 (sold)

2016 Jayco X23B
Krazyboutcampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:04 PM   #7

I considered the same thing. What I ended up deciding to do was purchase a Blackstone Tailgater and a 12 foot hose. I can attach the hose the trailer at the quick connect behind the right wheel well and set it up far enough away from the camper, I don't have to worry about heat affecting the side of the trailer or heat rising up under the awning. With the tailgater, I have both a grill box and a griddle top to cook with. I too enjoy cooking outdoors when camping and used the stove outside the camper in our popup. Since we upgraded last summer, I used a Coleman stove and a WeberQ . The Coleman didn't take up much space, but the Weber sure did. The Blackstone replaced both of those pieces and takes up less space.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
DYAC!

That's easy for you to say! But incomprehensible to the rest of us...

We went the simple route, adding a shelf to the BBQ mount on which we can place our Coleman Gladiator stove. I tap off a T before the regulator at the tank to get HP gas to the regulator on the stove.

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:31 PM   #9

Outside Gas Burners

I purchased two "Base Camp Double Burners" from Amazon along with some hose and fitting and created a triple hose connection that gets plugged into the outside gas port behind the wheels. The third hose is for my portable gas grill. There are times that I run all three at the same time and don't have any trouble with supply.
Attached Thumbnails
Burner Crop.JPG   Base Camp Double Burner.jpg  

2008 Jay Feather 23B
Hansoncarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #10

My 2002 Jayco popup had a stove that could be used in or out and I also purchased the optional RVQ from the dealer. They both worked off of the same outside LP connector and had the same quick connect fitting that I have on my 2013 x17z. I was looking online for a used popup stove but I like my RVQ (which is the original I bought in 2002!) so I use an old Coleman stove outside that I just set up on the picnic table. I have seen a lot of complaints about the RVQ but beside being a little slower than my home grill I really love it.
jimovernon is offline   Reply With Quote