Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #11

I also have a 2013 23B. I would suggest a good sewer hose and extension cord. We made all of our chocks and maybe a set of x type chocks as well. I have the electric tongue jack and it's a must have when dealing with an equalizer hitch IMO.

Give it some time and you will find small things. We purchased a memory foam mattress to go on top of the standard bunk to make it more comfortable.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #12

The first thing I did was tint the bunkhouse windows to help keep it cooler. Then made a outside table that attaches where the grill goes on the outside of the TT.

No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
Then made a outside table that attaches where the grill goes on the outside of the TT.
Now THAT I want! I'll have to put it on my list of winter projects for my FIL since he's retired and likes to build and tinker. I was kicking myself after we sold the pup, because we had a nice table/shelf that went on the rail outside or on a rail attached to the sink inside. Really wish I'd kept it so I could use it on our 23b, since apparently they are impossible to purchase!

These are all great ideas, thanks everybody! Some I already have, some I'm definitely putting on my list. I may even get that mattress topper this weekend. Loved the pup, but was sick of essentially sleeping on a piece of plywood every night. 10 hours til pickup!

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #14

One thing I forget was the door handle bar for the screen door. Instead of trying to grab the little sliding thing to close the screen door, just grab the bar. Simple to install, and it makes using that door easier.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #15

I installed a round bubble level on the TT tong right in front of the jack. Installed LED lights throughout the TT. I also purchased a variety of Command hooks. I have them in the shower to hang wet items like rain jackets and towels. I have a few on the exterior next to the door to hang jackets and the dog’s tie out, a few (inside) above the door to hang keys. There are a few more scattered around the TT. One tip if you want to place them on the wood paneling you will need to wipe that spot with a little “Goof-off” to remove some kind of coating, otherwise the hook will fall once some weight is added. Those are the best things I purchased.

Some of the best things I did; was to remove the wood panel under the sofa, this is where we keep our shoes. Removed the false panel under the bathroom sink, this area is where we keep our chemicals. I added wire shelving to the rear wardrobe cabinet. Added power points to each bunk ends for a light/fan combo. I also removed the drawer from under the dinette. Plus a few other things.

What I purchased was minor compared to how we made the TT more useful.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #16

I added a Dirt Devil central vac a few weeks ago. How did we ever live without it?? LOL It is such an easy install and all you need to keep with you is the wand to vacuum with. LOVE it!!!! Storage for the wand is much less than an upright vac.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #17

Has anyone swapped out their electrical outlets for these with USB ports?

http://www.newertech.com/products/power2u.php
Jpetrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #18

Rather than change the entire outlet I purchased a receptacle that plugs into the lower outlet on the existing ac bux and has 2 USB ports plus 2 ac outlets. Works great and it includes a surge protector.

2016 Jayco x213
2012 Toyota Tundra
Mainenebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainenebula View Post
Rather than change the entire outlet I purchased a receptacle that plugs into the lower outlet on the existing ac bux and has 2 USB ports plus 2 ac outlets. Works great and it includes a surge protector.

I like that as well.....thanks
Jpetrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #20

I've bought the "essentials", but the best things we've bought for our x20e are the queen mattress toppers from Sam's Club and they are spectacular! 2 1/2 inches of real memory foam and are amazingly comfortable! I also installed a cover for the stove since we're low on counter space and it's been quite handy. I also installed a crossbar pull handle for the inside of the screen door and had a piece of plexiglass cut to fit the bottom of the screen (attached with velcro tabs) so the dogs to tear through the screen. I'm pretty sure this was the most expensive year for us but now we're set!

joeybear is offline   Reply With Quote