Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2023, 08:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The owner's manual is where it would be stated. I don't understand how you will not accept that fact. If it is not listed in YOUR owner's manual then you did not get the 5 year warranty, I don't care what the dealer has listed, posted or even told you.

You also have to remember that this is and has been on JAYCO's web-site for decades.

Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models and features without notice or obligation.
Yes Grumpy,
Again my owners manual shows nothing about warranty terms in it. So according to my manual, i must have no coverage? I have numerous different warranty cards for the ac/stove/inverter etc that are not part of the manual. With this logic it would behoove any and all RV dealers to just say that Jayco tent ends are covered for 20 years and structurally forever and if it burns up you get a free RV of your choice.... and..... then when there is an issue to say well it's up to Jayco to approve because in your mind if the dealer is deceitful and lying knowingly or unknowingly it doesn't matter. Obviously, Little Dealer Little Prices has screwed up. Obviously, there are many issues with the jlocks that can be easily verified by all different RV makers. Its a bad design. If im not covered by Jayco that's fine. I just want to see a link of where the policy changed. To me that should have triggered some internet activity considering all the problems with tent ends. I'm just being logical. You sound like you work for Jayco to be honest. Have a good evening Grumpy!
Kenacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 02:10 PM   #22

We had a 2018 X23B and for that model year, they did have a 5 year warranty on the tent ends. I believe by 2020 Jayco removed that stipulation from the written warranty. Our tent ends were splitting in the corners from day one. I had taken it in to 2 different dealers for warranty repair on 2 different occasions. Both times the only "repair" they made was adding screws and washers. The split continued to spread. In Sep 2020, after a trip to South Dakota, I had an appointment with yet a 3rd dealer and I was going to insist the tent ends be replaced. However, on our way home, we stopped at a dealer in Kaysville UT and got a deal on a new hardsided trailer we just couldn't pass up and traded the hybrid in. I even had to show the Jayco sales representative where it said the tent ends were warrantied for 5 years.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 11:57 PM   #23

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenacon View Post
Yes Grumpy,
Again my owners manual shows nothing about warranty terms in it... If im not covered by Jayco that's fine. I just want to see a link of where the policy changed. To me that should have triggered some internet activity considering all the problems with tent ends. I'm just being logical. You sound like you work for Jayco to be honest. Have a good evening Grumpy!
So, I read that Jayco warranty is in the owner's manual for that particular model.

Then, I pulled up the online owner's manual for your trailer.

The online owner's manual for your trailer says two years for listed parts, three years for other listed parts.

Seems like any policy change would be reflected in the content of the owner's manual, as I guess it is. I didn't look at earlier models because it is not relevant.

Also seems like your issue is with the dealer's advertising, not with Jayco.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, do not work for Jayco, and doubt that Grumpy does. Grumpy has been pretty patient in striving for clarity.

As earlier suggested, I would think that trying to get a little assistance (in a nice way) from the dealer would be appropriate. It is his/her advertisement.

Most I've talked/typed in two seasons.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 06:37 AM   #24

OP, as others have already told you, Jayco is the manufacturer and they are the one who provide a warranty. I cannot believe that the warranty isn't clearly spelled out in the owner's manual.

The DEALERSHIP is the place that told you that the tent ends are warranteed for 5 years. I, personally, never rely upon the dealership for providing truthful information. If you don't have PAPERWORK that clearly states you have a 5 year warranty, you don't have a 5 year warranty.

You MIGHT be able to argue with the DEALERSHIP that they promised a 5 year warranty and therefore the DEALERSHIP is responsible for fixing your issue. I don't know how successful you'd be, but you can give it a shot.

I also strongly agree with the advise you have been given to find an independent canvas repair place and see if they can fix it. Campers are notoriously cheaply made products. A canvas repair shop can likely make a better and longer lasting fix.

Arguing with us, here on the internet, isn't likely to change your outcome. Caveat Emptor applies. I have never once trusted the opinion of someone who stands to make money off the opinion they are giving. I research my cars before I buy them. I know them inside and out before dropping that kind of money. Same with my camper. I went ot multiple RV shows a year for several years and compared makes, models, features, build quality and WRITTEN WARRANTY before I decided on my camper. I knew way more about it than the salesman did. He would have told me anything I wanted to hear if it meant he got his commission. Education takes time and money. If you invest the time, it may cost less money. If you take the easy way out, it's likely to cost you more money.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 04:50 AM   #25

Our 2017 16XRB had two-year warranty on everything, but I believe five-year on the roof fabric. We had a leaky front hatch replaced under warranty, but still had some minor issues with the tent fabric attaching to the top section of the hatch. With a little thought and work we made it better than Thorjayco. One of the best things about a warranty running out is not having to worry about violating it and it nudges owners to learn repair and to seek out repair people who care, do good work, and and take pride and responsibility in their craft.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:23 PM   #26
Site Team

Read the fine print on the roof warranty!

It only pays for material, not labor, providing you have documentation that it has been inspected yearly.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 07:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenacon View Post
So a dealer can say whatever they want on their website about coverage without any recourse? That makes 0 sense to me. I will have to take it up with the Little dealer Little Prices corporate tomorrow.
I think your only 'beef' should be with the dealer.
The dealer made promises of a tent warranty that were not factual.
I guess you'd be at fault for not noticing it in your Jayco paperwork...but you don't get that paperwork UNITL you BUY a camper. So..again, I'd take all that heat back to the dealer where you purchased the unit.
Show them their error, show them how they misled you. Like another responder said; perhaps, if you drive the point home hard enough, they may show some good will and assist in the cost.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote

« Add a room | Tires »