Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2023, 11:43 AM   #1

Warranty

What is the warranty coverage on the tent end of the 2020 Jayco x23e hybrid? The jlock is seperating on the front bunk This one does not use screws. My wife said Jayco said we were out of warranty but everything I read online says it's 5 years on the tent ends. Jayco website is useless for hybrids. Dealer wants to charge us about 1800 to replace the entire tent end.
Attached Thumbnails
20231112_103816.jpg   20231112_103754.jpg  
Kenacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 12:22 PM   #2

Nothing in the brochure about 5 years that I can find.

https://www.sellersrv.com/wp-content...ather-2020.pdf
Old 11-12-2023, 02:45 PM   #3

Yes. I've seen that but from the searches online everyone is saying the tent ends are waranteed for 5 years.
Old 11-12-2023, 02:56 PM   #4

I don't know about the warranty however, it would seem to me that the material is replaceable and that there has to be some way that the material is fastened into the sides even if there are no screws there. Perhaps like a screen for a window is fastened to the frame. Seeing that from your information that warranty work may not be an option, I would start researching how the tent end material is secured and held in place when manufactured and then try to re-attach it in a similar manner to when it was first manufactured. ~CA
Old 11-12-2023, 04:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenacon View Post
Yes. I've seen that but from the searches online everyone is saying the tent ends are waranteed for 5 years.
If it were true it would be in the owner's manual and the brochure. Pop-ups used to have a 5 year warranty as did the lift system and several other components, but all spelled out in the brochure. So I think you are comparing apples and oranges.
Old 11-12-2023, 05:27 PM   #6

I see people posting on other forums online with 2020 hybrid units that are saying the tent ends are waranteed longer then the rest of the trailer (5years)... 2 of them were actively granted the warranty repair. Since mine is a 2020 I would like to have the hard facts before I call Jayco again. Was hoping someone who has one would chime in. I've tried posting for more info on the other forums as well. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-12-2023, 05:42 PM   #7

I can't see your exact problem but you might consider getting an estimate from a tent and awning company. The one here in Peoria, IL has done work like this before. If the tent material was very old it would be advisable to replace it.

If you do have to replace there are online makers of replacement ends for many models.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 06:07 PM   #8

Quote:
I see people posting on other forums online with 2020 hybrid units that are saying the tent ends are waranteed longer then the rest of the trailer (5years)... 2 of them were actively granted the warranty repair. Since mine is a 2020 I would like to have the hard facts before I call Jayco again.
It should be spelled out in the owner's manual under the warranty section if there was an exception. Good Luck.
Old 11-13-2023, 03:52 PM   #9

tent coverage

The dealer did in fact advertise 5 years for the tent ends when purchased. Its #39 on that link. Jayco is saying that they stopped covering tents for 5 years in 2019. The dealer to this day is still advertising the 5 year coverage on tents via that link at the top. What is my recourse when the dealer is saying it's up to Jayco and Jayco is denying coverage? I bought it obviously thinking it was covered for 5 years.
Attached Thumbnails
warranty.jpg  
Old 11-13-2023, 04:23 PM   #10

Quote:
The dealer did in fact advertise 5 years for the tent ends when purchased. Its #39 on that link. Jayco is saying that they stopped covering tents for 5 years in 2019. The dealer to this day is still advertising the 5 year coverage on tents via that link at the top. What is my recourse when the dealer is saying it's up to Jayco and Jayco is denying coverage? I bought it obviously thinking it was covered for 5 years.
Sounds like you have a problem with the dealer. Ask them for the proof that your 2020 has the coverage. And again, what does your owner's manual say?
Old 11-13-2023, 05:39 PM   #11

I'm confused as to what you are saying Grumpy. You say ask the dealer for proof that your 2020 has the coverage? They are telling me they won't cover it because Jayco said no. Their website says it is covered for 5 years as the picture shows. Their website was the same in 2020 when I bought it as it is now on 11/13/2023. It states 5 years of coverage on the tent ends. The owner's manual states nothing about coverage for anything. There are separate warranty forms we sent in for tires, fridge, ac, inverter etc...
Old 11-13-2023, 05:51 PM   #12
CAG

Quote:
I'm confused as to what you are saying Grumpy. You say ask the dealer for proof that your 2020 has the coverage? They are telling me they won't cover it because Jayco said no. Their website says it is covered for 5 years as the picture shows. Their website was the same in 2020 when I bought it as it is now on 11/13/2023. It states 5 years of coverage on the tent ends. The owner's manual states nothing about coverage for anything. There are separate warranty forms we sent in for tires, fridge, ac, inverter etc...

Who is covering the warranty? Jayco. you are likely stuck with one year.

If there is another company covering the "tent" then you are likely going to have to take that up with them because I can promise you, deal with Jayco and it will be one year, period.
Find out who the other company is for the tent and begin working there.

The rest of the warranty stuff you sent is is moot.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 05:57 PM   #13

The dealer has it on their website not JAYCO. If it's not in the owner's manual then it would be exactly what Jayco said. Your 2020 did not have a 5 year warranty on the tent it was the standard 2 years.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:08 PM   #14

I guess my point is that the dealer is still advertising that the tent is under a 5 year warranty. When i bought it, they did in 2020, and the website still says 5 year warranty on the tents to this day. The Dealer eventhough it says that its covered is saying no because Jayco wont cover it. Why the heck are they advertising it? Shouldnt they be responsible regardless of what Jayco does. It doesnt say anything on the website about Jayco having to approve etc. It just says tents covered for 5 years. Shouldnt they have the responsiblitly legally to do the repairs? I'm not saying Jayco is responsible I'm talking about the dealer advertising something and then blaming Jayco for not covering it. Also i find it strange when i do a google search i find nothing but problems with the jlocks with screws and without screws but nowhere can i find the change of warranty length on tents from 5 years in 2019. I also would be very concerned If i was Jayco that a dealer is advertising false information stating Jayco warrantees tent ends for 5 years if it's not true. I just wish people would do the right thing for once. It's obvious what that is take care of the consumer and do what was promised and what is still promised on the website. Can someone lead me to where its stated the new warrantees on Jayco tent ends changed to 2 years from 5 in 2019? That would be very helpful.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:14 PM   #15

To me, it appears the dealer has failed to update their website. If it were me, I'd point this out, again, to the dealer and maybe ask them for "goodwill assistance" in any repair because you bought the product based on THEIR website information.

If no satisfaction there, contact your state attorney general with all information and ask for their advice.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 07:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Also i find it strange when i do a google search i find nothing but problems with the jlocks with screws and without screws but nowhere can i find the change of warranty length on tents from 5 years in 2019. I also would be very concerned If i was Jayco that a dealer is advertising false information stating Jayco warrantees tent ends for 5 years if it's not true. I just wish people would do the right thing for once. It's obvious what that is take care of the consumer and do what was promised and what is still promised on the website. Can someone lead me to where its stated the new warrantees on Jayco tent ends changed to 2 years from 5 in 2019? That would be very helpful.
You won't find it written that it changed, the longer warranty will just not be listed in the owner's manual. Also 2019 is when they stopped production of the pop-ups which all had 5 year canvas warranties so probably also part of the reason.

JAYCO also quit sewing their own tent sides and ends in house years ago
Old 11-13-2023, 07:42 PM   #17

Quote:
I see people posting on other forums online with 2020 hybrid units that are saying the tent ends are waranteed longer then the rest of the trailer (5years)... 2 of them were actively granted the warranty repair. Since mine is a 2020 I would like to have the hard facts before I call Jayco again. Was hoping someone who has one would chime in. I've tried posting for more info on the other forums as well. Thanks for your help.
Wouldn't hard facts have to be from Jayco? That's the only source that would be enforceable.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 07:55 PM   #18

I appreciate your responses but you really confuse me! The last year of hybrids according to Jayco was 2021. The lady on the phone at Jayco confirmed that today. I bought my x23e in 2020. Our friends bought a 2021 so that doesn't make any sense to me at all. The build date doesn't say 2019 either. I really think there should be a link somewhere stating the new warranty on tents changed to 2 years in 2019. The fact that it doesn't makes me very skeptical of whether it's true at all. Ive read numerous posts stating Jayco got out of the Hybrid trailers business because of too many issues with the tents. Others say it was a supply chain issue with the tent material and that they plan on making them again. What does Jayco not sewing their own tent-sides years ago have anything to do with anything? Who was the manufacturer of the tent end in 2020? It was a strange conversation with Jayco today anyway. I asked what the warranty on 2020 hybrid trailers was. Because i didn't have the vin readily available, and she couldn't tell me what the warranty was, which made no sense because she later came back and said 2018 was the last year for 5-year coverage after I gave her the VIN. Actually she got confused and didn't know whether it was 2018 or 2019. She got confused because I was telling her of others who were having warranty work done with 2018 and 2019 units in 2021 had come up on Google searches. I have no faith in people anymore, unfortunately. It's very easy to know what the right thing to do is. I know it's Caveat Emptor but when policies are clearly stated (I'm covered for 5 years) and policy changes are beyond vague (warranty 5 to 2) I can't help but think both the dealer and Jayco are trying to wash their hands of my business. Unfortunately for them, it has now become personal because I've wasted too much of my time. Thanks for everyones replies. If anyone has a link to the policy change of when Jaycos warranty changed from 5 to 2 in 2019 and who the builder of the tents was in 2020 id appreciate that information.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:57 PM   #19

So a dealer can say whatever they want on their website about coverage without any recourse? That makes 0 sense to me. I will have to take it up with the Little dealer Little Prices corporate tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:07 PM   #20

The owner's manual is where it would be stated. I don't understand how you will not accept that fact. If it is not listed in YOUR owner's manual then you did not get the 5 year warranty, I don't care what the dealer has listed, posted or even told you.

You also have to remember that this is and has been on JAYCO's web-site for decades.

Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models and features without notice or obligation.

« Add a room | Tires »